Help with kef r900 issue

I bought a pair of kef r900 speakers from kefdirect in April 2018. I enjoy them most of the time, but with some vocals, e.g., Alan Jackson, Allison Krauss and Mary Chaplin Carpenter, at nearly any level, they sometimes make a ripping, tearing or distorted sound that is hard to describe. Initially, I used a McIntosh MC202 with 200 rms, and now a Rotel RB 1590, with identical results. Initially, I used a very old Transparent Musiclink cable and now a Transparent Plus, again with identical results. I’m about to dump these unless I can figure it out since KEF has no one in the NW to repair them and they advise against paying to ship them (I agree). Before I write them off as a bad bargain, theories are solicited! Thanks
128x128maritime51
Read above postings for content viz music link to plus, clear light, etc. 
To reiterate, the condition has remained the same despite total and complete changes in the preamp, amp, CD player, speaker cables and interconnects, hence my opinion that a component in each speaker “unit” is defectively designed or fabricated (either as assembled, or manufactured). But, I’m only a layman who started this journey in 1968 or 1969 with an AR integrated amp and Rectilinear speakers....🤯
Today, from KEF:

“Good Afternoon,

I was not able to hear the sound in the recordings. Again, my concern is that there is no issue with the drivers themselves, and you may be hearing something picking up vibrations in the room, possibly on or within your entertainment stand. When there are issues of distortion in speakers you will not hear it only part of the time. I am very happy to work toward a solution with you, but so far there has been no clear indication that the speaker is in any way defective. Also, we have had no reported manufacturing defects associated with this speaker that I am aware of. 
Again, I would like to assure you that I am taking your complaint seriously and trying to consider what might be the cause of the sound you are hearing. Would you be able to send me pictures of the speaker with the grilles off--specifically some images of each driver?
Best Regards,

Technical Services Agent”

My reply:

“Nothing is vibrating in sympathy. Standing in front of each speaker makes it very clear each is making this sound. I’ll try recording again. I reserve all rights.
The right speaker is first shown. You will see small scratches on the trim ring done while switching the uni q.
Again, this is NOT created by anything in the room. It is the Uni q drivers, and I’ll not be keeping them even if KEF abandons me. It is unacceptable. “

Looks like I’m SOL 

Note the standard of proof KEF applies, I.e., clear indication. Wow. 💩