High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
Sound improves nightly...GnomesAFFORDABLE AUDIOPHILE·MONDAY, AUGUST 20, 2018Monday morning-- 20AUG18 From the Sweetspot

I cannot seem to find my groove in song selection. I have gone from Knopfler to Gabriel, and now Phish...
Music and audio writing like any other "job" requires some work.

You would think with an extensive library of great music, deciding what to listen to would be the easy part. 
Quite the opposite. As a reviewer, we talk about the emotion of the music, the engagement of the Music. It is for this reason, the decision on what we listen to really is the election of the mood I am in, or the mood I am seeking.

If I wake up rather ambivalent, the choices are often difficult.
I thought the solution was to build playlists of music that I like to listen to. Obviously, any playlist will be themed. I put a lot of effort in picking songs that when they come on, I want to listen to them. My problem is remote controls, short attention span, and infinite choices.

I will be listening to an album while writing or reading, and a song will make me think of to have another song, and so I go searching for that song, while still listening to the first song, and so it goes, all day. 
Some days are better than others, I think myself a better programmer than the folks at the radio station.

And then there are days like today, Monday.
"Pink Floyd? meh! James Taylor? No, his son Livingston Taylor, hmmm, maybe, what else first?"Bear in mind, I am listening to a great stereo playing every song I selected to perfection, and the above-cited conversation is going on inside my head.

Then I push back the keyboard, relax and crank up the volume. 
I want the Music to Move through me, to make me the Music. Total engagement. Hit Save, and see you later-- this Phish has hit my spot! I don't believe in coincidence. I hit save, and pulled up the Audacious playlist, the song the Phish was performing as I was writing the above: 'You Enjoy Myself' on "Junta" by Phish. All things in their time. I have an hour of decent music.

My impression on the High Fidelity Cables loom after 100-hours of active signal-- there are glimpses of what is to come.
At this point, the magnetic adapters are fully burned in, and I am sure to have been carrying the water for the past few days. Of course, there is always the initial improvement upon plugging an MCT device in. That is a given.

The Reveal Power Cable has made a significant improvement in the sound, along with the Reveal Speaker Cables.
How can you delineate the improvement, from the Synergy?

That is a good question, and my answer would be called "circumstantial evidence" in law.

You see, I replaced a 6-foot run of copper lamp wire with a $999 Reveal Speaker Cable.

Therefore, an improvement is not only logical but an expectation.

In the case of the Reveal Power Cable, also $999, it replaced the 99-cent mass-produced stock power cord that was included with the unit.

Ditto above.

Therefore, if we could discern that actual source of improvement, circumstantially, the sound is better because there is $2,000 worth of technology at work here.
"Yes, we can reasonably conclude that the gun found in the man's hand is the one he used to shoot himself," answered the Detective to the attorney's direct question.

But what about the CT-2 Technology?
Well, that too is a very good question. It is totally ineffectual. All improvements are due to magnetic adapters, not CT-2.

But, but, applying the same logic as with the Reveal cables...?
No, that doesn't apply, even though the new CT-2 Technology costs $2,500 for interconnects? There is NO WAY the CT-2 is any more than just fancy interconnects, that have fully broken-in Magnetic Adapters. No different than the Monoprice interconnects.

Hey, Affordable Audiophile guy, you can't say that!

Well, I have said that magnetic adapters improve any cable, from the cheapest Monoprice $1.99 (with gold plated RCA) to "more expensive" audio cables.
Plus, EVERYBODY knows that the CT-2 effect doesn't occur until 400 hours of burn-in time. And I mean Everybody! So the magnetic adapters and the new speaker wire and power cables are doing all the heavy lifting, while the CT-2 Technology in the RCA and SPDIF interconnects are just lounging about.

"I don't even think about sounding good until at least 400 hours," said the CT-2 to the MC-01Pro Power conditioner... Neither wants to work until after Labor Day weekend.

While I am happy to go on flights of fancy, at this point, mid-day Five, I think everything is just perfect, just the way it is.
I have full expectation that the wee people will return, despite my efforts to secure the floor vent where I found the tiny wrench, and they will play with my stereo again tonight.

And tomorrow, I will wake up, get a cup of coffee, and turn up the volume.
Damn those Gnomes! (I will NOT be shouting.) In the place of my Schiit Modi Multibit, SPROUT100, and the loom of HFC cables is an entirely NEW sounding stereo, that looks identical to the one I was listening to last night. But, it doesn't sound at all like that one last night.

Five nights in a row, those fairies, gnomes, whatever they are--they have pulled off this stunt.

Rick Schultz--you never told me about the gnomes....damn expensive nightly service calls, I might add.  https://www.facebook.com/notes/affordable-audiophile/sound-improves-nightlygnomes/2106467576339868/

Thanks cheapbob. I enjoyed your writing style and what you had to say.
I've auditioned many HFC cables, cords and other products since 2012
and have enjoyed the times where my system got better every day for weeks as stuff broke in. gnomish to be sure.
My latest magnetic toys, two MC 1 Pro's were even better than I could have imagined. Lifting veils and revealing magic.
Thanks, @ddraudt .

I hate to admit this, but I will. In my haste and excitement, I placed the CT-2 RCA interconnects in the wrong direction. What is the only thing an audiophile can do wrong with HFC?  Yes, fail to follow the instructions, arrows go in direction of the signal path. So everything will have 400 hours on Saturday, September 1, except the CT-2 RCA interconnects, who will need an additional 200 hours to catch-up... I was wondering why I wasn't getting all the "Gee Whiz", and discovered the error quite by accident. Otherwise, I would have been blissfully ignorant, and just kept on listening.... 
Now, the most profound observation I can get from this. The system sounds so much better than before, and having no idea what to expect, I was very impressed. With the main signal interconnects backwards, it sounds great. Correct, is even better.
@cheapbob 

I'm not clear on whether you have the magnetic RCA adapters ddraudt mentioned. I found his comment very interesting that he heard an improvement on the top of the line "PRO IC's".

I haven't considered these until now, since I have the "Ultimate" IC's...