How do you move HEAVY speakers with sharp spikes without lifting?

I have large (175 pounds each) speakers with sharp spikes placed on carpet. I would like to be able to move them a few feet by myself to tweak their positions but lifting them is obviously not an option (I can't even lift half their weight).

I currently use a convoluted method involving tilting them over about 30 degrees, slide a board under spikes on one side, and then repeat on the other side. The speakers almost toppled over the other day which would damage them.

I'm aware there are non-spike alternatives but do not have the money to spend on these options. Any clever moving methods out there? 

Thanks!
wahoospiff
Use books that are slightly thicker I.e., taller than the spikes to shim the speakers, then slide the speakers on the books. Have a second person hold the speaker whilst inserting the books. Problem solved.
Take out the spikes, I don’t know any speakers that have their spikes permanently attached to the base. I also use supersliders for my 160 speakers. IMO, if you move your speakers, wouldn’t you want the spikes out to fine tune each speaker before putting the spikes back on
Have you considered using a hand truck?  You know, one of those moving thingies with a pair of wheels and a nose plate to slide under whatever you want to move?  You would not have to buy one (although I admit it was so effective for a variety of thing I did get one) - you can usually rent one from a local hone improvement store (Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) for $15 or less.  I've found them very easy to use and they can be very precise to deliver their load to a particular spot.  Just measure the space between the spikes and make sure the nose plate is narrow enough to fit there.
I tried the lift three spikes and pivot method and spun the spikes so tight, that one stiped the female end and the spike fell off!  I had to get some really good epoxy to fix the issue, but will never do that again!