Theta Cassablanca 3 setup related question and request for input

I am contemplating buying a CB3 HD with 4k, and 2 premium DACs. But it doesn’t have DIRAC like in CB4.
Currently have a Krell Foundation that can be set up using ARES. So, I am hesitant to buy something without room correction software.
Being a new potential user of Theta, I am looking for some input from veteran CB users.

Will I be able to set up CB3 manually that will sound as good or at least close to as good that is set up using DIRAC? Or is it going to be quite a big difference in SQ due to not using DIRAC?
Is there any option to use external Room Correction equipment paired with CB3? Like - can I use  MiniDSP DDRC-88A Dirac Live processor by setting it up in between my Source Oppo and Theta CB3 to accomplish what comes as integral part of CB4? This is possibly $1000 investment.
I will use 5.2 set up with two Rythmik Subs and Revel Speakers.

Will appreciate any help!
gbabu5y

Xtreme is the best DAC.

Superior is 2nd best.

Premium is the lowest/cheapest DAC board.

The versions don't really matter as they mostly describe compatibility.  The audio circuits are what is important.  So a Superior 2 is still not going to be as good as an Xtreme 1.

Understood. Thank you much for helping me understand this, I had an incorrect idea/assumption. I will possibly connect with someone like Craig to see if he can add Xtreme to a CB III. I would guess you most likely know this answer too.
I am almost pulling the trigger for CB III HD. Not sure if I will hear significant difference between CB and my current Krell Foundation... Since the Theta is used, I am not going to be on hook for a huge potential disappointment if it doesn't prove to what many claims - one of the five best Processor of the world, Meridian, Datasat, Trinnov & Bryston included!

Let us know what you think.  Changing processors can be expensive.  If you are buying from Craig Shumer from Theatermax, he does not offer returns, so you'd have to try to sell it on your own if it doesn't work out.  But, he does offer his own full warranty on any upgraded Theta you buy from him.

I went through three different processors when I was looking to upgrade from my old Krell HTS 7.1, before just deciding to go back to Krell with a S1200.  It definitely was an expensive journey.

"One of five best processors in the world" is really based on the eye of the beholder.  Some people will put Datasat and Trinnov into that area.  It all depends on what you think makes up the best.  Datasat and Trinnov have very specific processing features, but I do not think either of them have the best analog stages.  Same for Meridian.  Bryston has good analog stages, but poor DAC/digital card and their analog stage is voice to be soft/laid back.  Bryston's new "SP4" offering might be better on the DAC/DSP side, since they are adopting the base Storm Audio product as their base platform and plan on implementing their own discrete Class A analog output stages.

Sure I will, but it will be sometime later, as my HT room is going to take a while to be completed - a month or so. Honestly, I don't have any thing to complain about Krell Foundation, it is truly very enjoyable machine. However, I just want to try a different one. If it doesn't meet my expectation (benefit/cost ratio-wise), I always will have a fallback option - back to Foundation:)