Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I'm going to try to find a Thiel subwoofer, but here's the question... is it worth it to spend a bit more money and get two SS-1? Commonly I've found that stereo subs work much better for music, but Thiel is always different, so I figured I ask.

The room is not that large so I don't think I need two subs for that reason, but I also want to make sure that if I do it, I do it right.
Jan - I hope I am not dominating this forum, but I enjoy sharing what I've learned. I have compared single and stereo SS1 and SS2 subwoofers in my studio with PowerPoint 1.2s as room mastering monitors. The stereo pair presents a decidedly more believable image. Note that the PPs cross over at 80Hz, which includes more upper information than many applications.

John Schwenker - I am intrigued by your second-order experience. Soon I will have my Metric Halo ADA rig back up and will devise a second order XO at 80Hz for low and high pass. It has a high probability of better transient performance than the PXO solution of 4th order high and low. I will be able to measure the net output to ascertain that the subwoofer can produce that 12dB roll out. The PPs produce a textbook 12dB roll out. BTW: second order slopes share some prestigeous company.
@tomthiel, not at all! This is what makes this forum so great, people sharing their experience and knowledge. I'm definitely leaning towards a pair of subwoofers.

tomthiel-

Not at all my audiophile friend. Post as much as you wish here. We all can learn from your Thiel Audio expertise and insightful background.

Hope you are well today.

Happy Listening!

Good to see you- audiojan

Hope this thread is to your liking and finding answers to your queries.

Happy Listening!