Morrow Audio re-design announcement: No more Ag coated Cu; Increased numbers of runs.

Just got a notice in my Email about this. Seems like the new design went into production in June. It does have me scratching my head a bit. I’m wondering if any Morrow Audio cable users (old or new design) have comments. The link will take you to the announcement that provides details on the new cable design including instructions for determining whether someone has received old or new design cables.

http://morrowaudio.com/announcement

128x128ghosthouse
Copper typically sounds better than a coated version especially if the silver is electro-plated/coated onto the copper which is inferior verses combining both materials in the melting process; a much costly process but would yield a better sounding product.

Wig
@fivechannelguy (and for @addyson815 ) - 

That's one of the things got me scratching my head; i.e., the move away from silver coated copper which I always thought was a key contributor to MA cable's "sound".  I'm also wondering about the quality of copper being used, not to mention economic drivers related to the re-design.

I've got the new SP4 speaker cables and love them. Don't know what the old SP4s sounded like but instead of just talking about it why not try them. If you don't like what you hear get a full refund.
ghosthouse

In addition to the issues you bring up, there is another I have been wondering about. 

If you look at the speaker cable old and new wire count for one channel (i.e. 1152, 1728 and so on), at what point would one thousand + solid core wires become a stranded wire - unless it is litz?

The above aside, it would be good to hear how the newer version sounds. 
@maxima95 
Bingo.  I've had a similar question.  The runs in all the various Morrow offerings ARE said to be individually isolated.  How many runs does it take to become "Litz" or is there more to it than number of strands? e.g., packing density & geometry??

@mazian  
I have a few MA3 & MA4 interconnects with ETI bullet plugs as well as a pair of SP4 speaker cables.  All original design.  The system changed and my "hearing preferences" too.  The Morrow wire got replaced.  Of particular note, Cardas' all copper Parsec speaker cable is sounding very very good.  While I know you can ALWAYS find something "better", am happy to report a complete lack of motivation for engaging in that search.  Glad the new design Morrow speaker cable is working for you.  Maybe one of these days I'll get the urge to try some.