Does the Quality of the USB cable matter?

I have a Squeezebox Touch connected to my Laptop via a 50 ethernet cable.
Also connected to my laptop is an external 1TB hardrive that my music is stored on via a 5 meter USB cable.

With this set up, does the quality of the USB Cable matter ?
128x128ozzy
Anyone tried various Cat 5, Cat 6, or Cat 7 Ethernet cables? I use these: a 50 foot cable between my WHS Server and a 1 gigabyte Ethernet switch and then a 5 foot Ethernet cable from the switch to my PS Audio PWD. I've tried all 3 cables in this setup. I thought there was a considerable difference between the 5 and 6 that being: a more musical fuller sound with the 6. When I substituted the 7 the background became blacker and quieter. I would not say these differences are extreme especially between the 6 and 7 but they were discernible and make my system just a little bit better and closer to the real thing for not a whole lot of $$$s.
I'm using a Cat 7 cable. Primarily because it looks like its built better and it cost about the same as Cat 6. Can't say whether it sounds better though.
I'm using a Cat5e is just fine. And less expensive than your other alternatives.

The quality is always matter and even when it's usb cable whatever Desktops you are using if the cable is suit to it then you're okay to go.