Can someone point me in the right direction? LP player / Preamp / Dragonfly Red...

Relative newbie here.  I want to add a TT and start enjoying Vinyl.  Was looking at the AT-LP120 and have been reading up on pros/cons.  The built in preamp seems to be a low point, many have removed it though.  If I were to got this route, could I then input the sound directly into my iMac and out through my Dragonfly Red to my Amp?  

I have pretty descent sound right now from Audirvana / Dragonfly Red / (Sony 2 channel Amp (next upgrade) / Infinity Kappa 8.1's

Or should I output the LP player directly to the Amp?

Thanks for any guidance!
aqueousaris
TT > phonostage/preamp > amp. So you want a low-cost TT? How about vintage? I bought 3 Empires for a few hundred each! Still great belt-drive tables! And superior to any present day cheap TT! That's one way to go. Or for a bit more get a used (not abused) Technics 1200. They are plentiful! A great DD TT! Don't waste money on a cheap AT, Project ...  The 1200 (used) is the best bang-for-the-buck under-$1K TT! Truth! I have one in my collection. I paid about $650 + shipping. It will reward you with years of service! 
Add a cheap Grado cartridge to the 1200 and you'll have a good sounding system!
Appreciate the responses guys!  Is there a way, or a benefit, to running the TT through my iMac/Dragonfly Red?  Or does getting a TT mean I pretty much need a new amp with a Phono stage?  That unfortunately would give me pause as I've been paralyzed for months about what Amp to get!  lol  I must say that I find myself more comfortable with NEW equipment as opposed to used or vintage (I know...)  So I was leaning toward an Onkyo Integrated A-9010.  I'm on a budget here - wife has no idea what I've already spent haha!