Which wood Grado

I’d like to experiment with a wood Grado for my Technics 1200GR.  I have Thiel CS2.4 speakers so I’m looking for a Grado that will have a nice full mid range and midbass, but not be overly excited in the treble, just a tad rolled off maybe, while still maintaining clarity and detail.  Can I get that with the $600 or $700 budget in the Wood line and which one would be the best.  MM or MC. 
last_lemming
Sounds like the sonata is the one you are looking for.  Comes in high and low output.  I like the low output with a sut.  The sonata has real meat on it bones.  The mid range is top tier.  Maybe the best in the business.  On the whole a very musical enjoyable cart.

Enjoy the ride
Tom

Stevecham,

how do those two carts you mention compare in the midrange and mid bass. The acoustics in my room are such that I lose a bit of that range.   Unfortunately my wife doesn't care, so no acoustic fixes. 
I had a Sonata.  That's why I now use a Lyra Clavis DC (rebuilt by Soundsmith) and keep an AT OC9/II as a spare.  Never Grado again.  Never.  Will sell my vinyl collection before I stoop down that low.  

But that's only my studied and experienced opinion.  Your naive opinion may differ.  
Never Grado again. Never.

maybe you have just been unlucky with this brand, for compatibility between tonearm / cartridge / phono and I also add cable.
Bpoletti, what a stupid ass and ignorant post.

That's MY studied and experienced opinion.