Considering the New Tekton Design Encores? AND Owners Group - Experiences/Questions

I am the very happy owner of the first pair of New Tekton Design Encores and I thought I would create this thread to answer any questions anyone might have regarding the Encore speakers, room considerations, and associated equipment. If you’ve order your pair already, please chime in. I really want to hear what other people’s experience are with these unbelievable speakers.

I drive my Encores with both an Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier with 8wpc and I switch in my 700w Nord One-Up SE Monoblocks for non-critical listening and some big pieces of music that benefit from the extra power.

• Made under U.S. Patent 9247339 with multiple new patents pending
  • Proprietary loudspeaker design
  • Ultra-linear frequency response with ±.5dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz
  • One single crossover element placed within the tweeter path
  • Ultra-linear, entirely time-invariant minimum-phase mid-range section
  • Proprietary patent pending 15 dome radiating hybrid MTM high frequency array
  • Two 6.5" mid-bass patented ’overtone & harmonic’ transducers
  • Dual 11" low-frequency transducers
  • ​96dB 2.83V@1m sensitivity
  • 4 Ohm design for optimum performance
  • 20Hz-30kHz frequency response​
  • Dimensions Width 13.25" x Depth 15.25" x Height 62"
  • 800 Watt power handling
  • Weight 175 lbs​
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjcarcopo
@evolvist I'm pretty nearfield to my Encores and I love um.  If you liked the DIs, you're going to be ecstatic with the Encores. Read my prior posts for my listening impressions. 
@jcarcopo  What's nearfield for you? Can you share your Encore positioning, distances, etc.? Thanks.
@david_ten Because of how my room is layed out, I'm forced to fire off my long wall which is 16' across.  The speakers are 8.5' apart, approx 2.5' from the front wall, 3.5' from the side walls and my listening position is 8.5' away with about a 2' space behind me that allows me to recline in my listening chair.  The room has a 9' trey ceiling that drops to 8' around the perimeter.  The acoustics are very good in this room, so only minimal dsp around 40hz and 18khz needs to be applied in software on my roon media server to achieve a very flat response.  

@Jcarcopo, yeah, I wouldn't call that "nearfield," but I get the picture. :-)

I could do roughly the same with my room, as I've done that with the DIs...roughly.

Note that my DIs were strictly on loan, as I didn't care for them much, but I figured to be fair to Tekton and myself, I would hold out for the Encores with the promise that they would be a considerable upgrade from the DIs.

I mean, Tekton DID NOT have to loan me DIs (I paid for them) for almost a year until the Encores were ready, but they did, which is a class act.

I'm really excited about the Encores to see how they will beat the DIs. :-)

@evolvist I just wish I had an extra 10 feet to give these speakers more room behind them and more room behind my listening position to get better depth and addedambiance.

MY LYNGDORF TDAI-3400 SHIPPED ALREADY!
Tentatively it’s arriving on the 7th if there’s no customs hold ups. That was so much faster than I expected! I highly recommend Neal at Sound Science if you are interested in getting a Lyngdorf. He was very polite, professional, and extremely fast with turning this purchase around very quickly.