Which wood Grado

I’d like to experiment with a wood Grado for my Technics 1200GR.  I have Thiel CS2.4 speakers so I’m looking for a Grado that will have a nice full mid range and midbass, but not be overly excited in the treble, just a tad rolled off maybe, while still maintaining clarity and detail.  Can I get that with the $600 or $700 budget in the Wood line and which one would be the best.  MM or MC. 
last_lemming
Never Grado again. Never.

maybe you have just been unlucky with this brand, for compatibility between tonearm / cartridge / phono and I also add cable.
Bpoletti, what a stupid ass and ignorant post.

That's MY studied and experienced opinion.

I went from Grado Platinum, to Sonata, to the Reference Master 2, and I am quite satisfied; Grado is called the poor mans Koetsu for a reason.
Dear @last_lemming : The @stevecham advise for the Ortofon 2mBlack is very  very good choice for you.

R.
last_lemming: Across those frequency ranges you cited I think they compare well, with some slight differences, given that the styli are quite different profiles. What I like about the Ortofon is that, while the mids and upper/mid bass have the same overall sweetness of the Grado, the Black has quite a bit more texture simply because it pulls out the higher frequency overtones of timbre from instruments and vocals in those ranges. Also, in the deep bass, again, texture is a big part of note definition, along with fullness of character, and I always prefer hearing a balance of note details over a solely booming or somewhat veiled bass note. Don’t get me wrong, I greatly enjoy listening to the Sonata for some 70s recordings that need "warming up," say, Yes,’ Tales From Topographic Oceans or some of the original American Reprise pressings from that era, perhaps Young’s, After The Goldrush or Tull’s, Aqualung. With the Black, you hear it all and if accuracy and detail are important, then this would be my choice. If "warming up" less than stellar pressings is important to you, then the Sonata may be the ticket. It’s largely about the stylus profile; my hunch is that if the stylus on the Black were able to be installed on the Sonata, these cartridges would be much closer in sonic signature. Sadly, Grado doesn’t publish the specs of its styli and my guess is that they are no higher a profile than 0.3 X 0.7 mil. And what’s with that? I mean even Shure, Stanton and Pickering offered high profile styli. C’mon Grado; disclose already!
Hope this helps.
Steve