Another amateur in need of advice

Hello all. I'm basically as green as they come, and am looking for some advice in putting together my first 2- channel audio system. Looking to keep it analog, with vinyl playback being the primary purpose of this whole escapade. If I feel compelled to stream something, i would just get a decent bluetooth receiver to appease the crowd of an informal get-together. 

I am looking to experience an "audiophile-grade" sound, but one that is also a giddy and involving listen. Some bass presence would be welcome (newb). In any case, I would prefer to keep the budget under $5k. First question - do I need an integrated amplifier? Can I just get an amplifier and connect the Lounge phono stage that I'm leaning towards? Or connect a CD player or radio tuner? Basically, does a power amp require a pre-amp, which it seems that an integrated provides? As far as integrated amps, I was first leaning towards the newer Rega Brio, but then I heard about the Rogue Sphinx V2. But then I read about all the noise issues with the Sphinx, which really turned me off from it. Noise issues would really steal the jam from my doughnut. The Heed Elixir seems to tick a lot of boxes, but it also seems that it really imparts it's own texture to the music. Maybe that's a good thing? A budgetary stretch - the Croft integrated looks pretty dang cool. If I only need an amplifier rather than an integrated for my purposes, any opinions on the Croft Series 7? 

As far as speakers, I'm as lost as the previous paragraph suggests. Right now leaning towards the Quad S-2, but was considering the KEF LS50 until I read that they sound best with a more powerful amp. Ditto for the Dynaudio Excite X14. And apparently the LS50s are rather bright sounding? Was not considering floor-standers until I found out that the Monitor Audio Silver 300s are pretty easy to drive. Every gosh-darn review I read only sends me deeper down the spiral of confusion and indecisiveness. 

My turntable choice is pretty set - the Mofi ultra deck with the better cartridge. Since it's $2200, it kind of eats up the budget considering the additional costs of cabling and, potentially, speaker stands. But it seems that it's the sort of component that I'll keep for life. 

I'd appreciate any words of guidance and wisdom! Have a good one! 
cleanshirt
What may complicate auditioning, besides less than ideal match of components and cables, is that the speakers and equipment need time to fully break in, sometimes hundreds of hours. Ask the dealers questions about this. And don't let them push you, they usually can figure out an inexperienced person.
i guess stepping out into reality and hearing some of these setups is the next step.

At this point what you will ’hear out there’ is not going to translate into the ’reality you hear’ in your room. I advise against doing so. At this stage, it’s a fool’s errand and will not serve you. Build your own reference point first, get to know it well, then go listen.

My advice would be different if you had more experience and were further along in your journey in terms of exposure to gear, etc.

Since you haven’t yet spent the $2.2K, I advise holding off on your vinyl front end and understand the fundamentals of a system first and learn as much as you can before moving forward towards your goal of:

I am looking to experience an "audiophile-grade" sound, but one that is also a giddy and involving listen

Just saying to hold off on the vinyl front end, for now [emphasis: for now]

Rather than ’look down’ on a receiver, or similar kin, I encourage you to consider it as a real and viable option.

And don’t get caught up with:

it’s the sort of component that I’ll keep for life.

Make your life easy. Pick up some components, use a dart board if necessary, spend time with them. All in preparation for the next step. This stage is a major stepping stone. Step wisely. Component choice is not as critical at this point...learning from them and your system IS.

Let the fun and frustration commence.

All the best with your choices and journey.
@jbhiller The room is somewhat large - about 16' x 15'. I live in a city environment, so while I most certainly enjoy "turning it up" every now and again, I can't do so too regularly. At the same time, I would like to be able to hear the fully articulated sound of the system in that space. Are the LS50s particularly bright? NAD stuff is intriguing, but i dunno - the reviews for the Exposure integrateds are pretty darn good. The 75 wpc model is $1800 new, and there's a small hifi shop down the road from me who sells them. Pretty friggin steep, but to have local support would be quite valuable, i think. 

@chrshanl37 Some impulse in me is leaning towards wired. 

Most likely not going to be able to swing an integrated amp to drive speakers that need copious power reserves to come into their own. 

With your budget I would look at a Belles Aria if you are thinkin about an integrated.
@david_ten The dartboard idea is starting to seem like the only feasible way forward. I was about to trek out into the great unknown of hifi stores and inapplicable room acoustics when you stopped me before I had put on my hat.