Small Room. Go for it or forget about it?

Well I am up against a wall.... Literally... I have been forced into a 12' x 12' room. Will be a monitor/tube setup. The more I read about small rooms, the more discouraged I am to even bother setting up a system. Please help restore faith!! I have been looking into Manley gear/ Proac/ Sonus Faber

Any insight would be fantastic
azshawn
If you have the patience to explore the benefits of room treatments and the wonders they can do to one's system, I'd say go for it.

I've seen Marten Coltrane speakers($50k retail) in a space of 9'8"x13' heavily treated, and since you have monitors I believe you shouldn't have much difficulty setting them up in your own room.
Once had a small room with great results using a pair of DIY Vifa two ways with a first order series crossover.  Speakers pulled out almost halfway into room, listening chair against back wall.  Sounded great with huge sound stage.  Other speakers worked well too.  But the above were special.
I lived in a small efficiency  11' by 10' with one side a tiny bathroom and tiny kitchen stuck on. Lots of windows, great neighbors. Ten years. I had Infinity RSIIa speakers in there. Near field, all the way. I would lay on my Futon on the floor, my head near the speakers. Loved it. (there was no room for a stereo and a frame bed. so I skipped the bed. used the Futon. I was happy. the speakers were just on one wall. Though if possible the diagonal is said to be a good choice for speaker location, if possible. (often it is not)