Do you trust Audiogon?

Recently, I came close to purchasing a five-figure item on Audiogon.  After quickly agreeing on a price, the seller did several things that caused me concern.  Some of them involved proposed violations of banking laws, and others were clear violations of Audiogon's own regulations.  I realized that this wasn't someone I should trust, and I might be receiving a box of rocks or a broken item, and I'd never again hear from the seller.  I killed the deal and reported this to Audiogon.  To my amazement, the seller's account and his listing are intact.
How does this protect honest buyers from predators?
128x128drastic
How much positive feedback did this dude have very little or none??I only buy from people with at least 1page of positive feedback and for a big ticket item i must talk to them by phone as well.Nothing is 100% guaranteed but this helps.
I do trust Audiogon, they have been fair and prompt. Checking with Audiogon before a large transaction is a good idea. Tammy responds to emails expeditiously.
I've never had a problem purchasing here, I have bought a couple and sold a few,  but I've had offers with strange accompanying emails,  when I forwarded those to Tammy, she replied very quickly with a history of this person on audiogon with solid advice.  I have also had my account on Audiogon hacked,  when questions were sent,  I got immediate response from Agon with verification of my account and changes made to ensure no damage was done to me or my reputation.  
Audiogon is not perfect as none of us are, but I have no doubt that they look out for their members. 

@maritime51 - I have made several sales where I insisted the buyer use PayPal Friends and Family because they had no feedback.  I've never had a problem with them accepting this request.
Yes, and it is wire fraud. You are such a nice guy. Your comment begs the question, casts doubt on you, and shows how guiless most buyers are-shame on you for cheating PayPal, and leaving buyers with no meaningful remedy.

Think about it for less than a second. Under the terms of the PayPal agreement which binds you, you expressly and impliedly represent it is NOT a commercial transaction, and the person sending you money, a total stranger, is either a FRIEND or FAMILY, when in truth and in fact, the payment is a sham.