Accuracy vs. Enjoyment

Would you rather have a system that accurately portrays the grooves (or pits) in the record or CD,
or one which sounds good on the majority of discs?
Acknowledging that not all media are created equal, the best system will sound best on the best, most accurate discs.  But what if the great majority of average sounding discs don’t measure up, and indeed are annoying compared to the best?
What then?

128x128rvpiano
How it compares to live non-amplified instruments. For instance, do drums sound like drums? Do they have the same impact? Do voices have the clarity of actual people singing in front of you? Do acoustic guitars sound real? Bass is a little tougher since most concerts I attend use an electric bass so what I look for there is depth of sound & if it seems in any way bloated or muddy. Impact of course is important there as well. 
By the way, speaking of accuracy and clarity vs musicality or in addition to it, it was interesting to compare Purist Audio Neptune fluid and Tchernov Reference interconnects. About the same level. Tchernov are all about clarity and balance, Purist offers a lot of that too plus other things. I use both but prefer Purist with almost all recordings and I never use Tchernov with digital, there you can't compare, though Tchernov is still very good.
I know for a fact that at least some people who like panel speakers very much like Tchernov cables. I understand that.
Both are high end in my view but not the highest end, good enough for me.
There are two types of accuracy:

"Accuracy #1" can only be obtained if your system is the exact same system the recording engineer or artist uses before they release the CD or LP because that is what they use to tweak their artwork. Not only the same system but the same acoustic environment as well since your room affects what you hear.

"Accuracy #2" is a system that has zero losses from distortion from source to speaker in a room that is acoustically ideal. And we know that does not exist.

That's why I vote enjoyment.
gs5556 / Both #1 & #2 above are unattainable. What's not unattainable (yet still progressive) is using live non amplified music as the accuracy goal while enjoying the results throughout the process.