Aric Audio Systems Unlimited Preamp

They have a tube model called Unlimited that appears to be a decent value for < $800. It is tube rectified and with pair of tube voltage regulators and 12AX7 driver tubes. It even has a phono stage. Anyone is familiar with this preamp?
128x128kalali
Aric- Thank you for your talented craftsmanship. I love my Unlimited.

Where do I start!! I am not an Audiophile, but I do love to HEAR the music . My 20 year-old equipment is what I listen to and that is what I can afford. It was good enough but I knew it could be better. 4 years ago, I took a chance on a Aric Expressions tube preamp as my first foray into tube sound. I really liked it, but I still could not "hear" all of the music. It sounded boring!! 2 weeks ago, I thought what the hell, I want another preamp. Screw the bills!! It needed to be done!! So I FINALLY took the plunge and contacted Aric. He was so patient with my questions and requests!! 

Yesterday I received my burgundy-colored Unlimited. When I unboxed the amp I just stared at how beautiful it looks and how well constructed it was!!! 1 hour later I had everything rewired and turned everything on. The longest 5 minutes EVER!!! I loaded my favorite song onto Jriver, pressed start, and turned up the volume!!

Now, after 20 years listening to this particular song, I thought I knew every note, that there is nothing new the Unlimited will show me!! How wrong I was!!! I heard cymbals that "finished" their run. The bass notes were so clear and defined. Not artificial boominess! When the singing started, I just closed my eyes and could "see" the soundstage!! Where the musicians lined up!! I have never once heard that from my equipment!! This is out of the box, with new tubes. No burn-in.The joy and the sense of "searching for the sound" was happening in MY living room. I kid you not!!

Well, 3 hours flew by as I listened to Miles Davis, Donny Hathaway, The Dead, Phish, Aretha, Allman brothers, JRAD, Little Feat "Waiting for Columbus" (Felt as if the band stopped by for a private concert), The Unlimited is opening up some, soundstage is so delicious. I can go on, but don't want to bore you!!!

If you are on the fence about getting the unlimited Preamp, Lovingly hand made by Aric, take the plunge and don't look back!!!

2 things I have in my life that are totally mine is my name and my promise. I don't give promises lightly, but I promise you this. Get the Unlimited an you will not regret it!!
@llovette1  you're very welcome, and thank you for coming back and giving me a shot to build you a preamp from my current flock! I'm glad you're enjoying the upgraded performance level!
I too am a satisfied listener of one of Aric's unlimited preamps. I would love to match it with one of his Transcend amps but my checkbook always has a way of ruining my desires! I replaced the supplied JJ 12ax7 tubes with some Tungsol tubes that I had that were broken in already and I like it very much. To be fair I didn't give the JJ's time to break in but they are being broken in in another source and I'll swap em back in to the unlimited when they are to compare. Aric recommended also the JJ gold pin 12ax7 as an upgrade. I don't know what I would do to improve or upgrade the unlimited as it nice as it is. It is so nice dealing with a small outfit that has a human face to their business! The Unlimited was money well spent imo Aric was a pleasure to deal with. 
I for one am so glad I found Aric Audio Systems. I first got his Limitless preamp and that made my music sound better than ever (so I thought). I use 2 Cifte 12au7 tubes. I later got his Transcend push-pull stereo amp which he designed for me to use 12au7 tubes. The 3 12au7's I use in it are a Valvo, RCA command 5814a and Brimar cv491. I have 4 Sophia Electric EL34 power tubes in triode mode. Holy crap folks is all I can say. Aric's equipment has given my music such life and the 3d sound is quite awesome. His prices are great for what you get that's for sure. What he builds and how he builds is what sets them apart from others. He is so easy to deal with and is always there to help you. Give him a try and put a smile on your face.