A DAC that crushes price vs. performance ratio

I felt strongly that I wanted to inform the Gon members about a new DAC that ranks with the very best on the market regarding performance, but costs around $2,000.00.  The Lab12 DAC1 SE was compared to three reference level DACS that retail for over $12.000.00 in my review for hometheaterreview.com and was at least on the same level sonicly, if not better.  This DAC from Greece is not just "good for the money" but competes with virtually anything on the market regardless of price!

For all the details about the Lab12 DAC1 SE performance and what other DACS it was compared to take a look at the review.  If you are shopping/looking for a new digital front end to drive your system, you owe it to yourself to check this DAC out, unless you like to spend tons of more $ without getting better performance.
teajay
So which is it the Lab 12 or the Denafrips Terminator ? 

A reviewer or 2 says the Lab 12 is the one to buy under $10K and easily competes with DAC 10K or better

The US importer describs  the Denafrips " as no DAC in history has been built this well or sounded this good for under $10K." (sales add).

Haven't heard either , anyone hear both?
Sounds like there is a need for a group hug here. @teajay probably should review and endorse some under-the-radar product line carried by @audiotroy 
@teajay Nice review of the DAC product. I’m in Evanston, so Libertyville is just a shot up north on I-94 or US-41. 
Teajay,
 I echo David_ten's comments regarding your contributions to fellow Audiogon members. I believe that quite a few people appreciate you discovering exceptionally good audio components and bringing attention and exposure to them. Keep it up.

It's bewildering to me why some people take such offense to the idea of affordable, high value components that are capable of providing high quality sound. This really seems to bother some people for some odd reason.  While I subscribe to the idea (in a general sense) that you get what you pay for. I've learned that in High End audio there are clearly exceptions to this axiom. 

There is not a strict  linear relationship between price and performance in the realm of audio products.  When someone such as teajay who has  vast experience with upper tier products and then touts a lower cost product as competitive,  this should be greeted with joy and appreciation. 

What is particularly peculiar is the immediate derision and negativity from people who haven't heard the product at all but dismiss it due to its affordability.  An unreasonable and unjustified reaction in my opinion. 
Charles 
Though I remain unconvinced about the usefulness of those VU-meters. Pretty gimmicky on all audio equipment.