Rockna Wavedream DAC - SE or Balanced...did you hear it yet?

Folks,

I am starting a dedicated thread for Rockna owners to share their opinions about this amazing DAC. The DAC has been out for couple of years now but sadly there is no solid representation in North America so far.

The balanced design carries a pretty price tag, makes me wonder how this DAC compares with dCS Debussy, Brinkmann Nyquist and Berkeley Alpha DAC.

I checked RMAF 2018 Exhibitors list and so far no sign of Rockna.

http://www.rockna-audio.com/products/wavedream-dac

I would appreciate if you can post your feedback based on your ownership or demo at your dealer.

128x128lalitk
funny, I was last week with a dealer of Aqua, Metrum and Rockna. I was very time pressed and knowing I can't afford most of them I rejected  listen them to avoid hifi-depression. Well, talking to him he mentioned that all these dacs are modular, he took apart an Aqua Scala in seconds, explaining to me that if something goes wrong the only thing he has to do is to ship a module to the factory, no the full DAC. 
Well I did not know that , Cortes you don’t mention who the dealer was you visited however I’m not saying this about the dealer you visited but I’ve heard salesman exaggerat claims before , everything is beautiful with no worries,  

If something did go wrong would you know by looking at the module boards which one needs to be sent back or would you need test equipment to find which one went bad .
Maybe you would have to send it back to the dealer to access the problem , 

I think anyone that ever had to deal with a problematic component and they bought it with no regional representation can appreciate what I pointed out above .

My dealer is 60 miles away and it’s comforting to me knowing if any thing did need repaired or updated I’m not footing a hefty round trip  shipping bill that’s all.

Hi,

I thought I would give my opinion because my company, Worldwide Wholesales, is the North Americian distributor for Rockna. Personally I have A/B over 70 different digital front ends. We decided to distribute Rockna products because they sound better than our previous reference dac and server that cost 3 times as much as the Rockna dac and server. We also found that the Rockna WD Net server plays at a different level than other servers we have A/B. Tidal sounds like a SSD on the WD Net server and although I have always enjoyed Tidal, I did not think is sounded great compared to a SSD until I heard Tidal on the WD Net server. Another reason we decided to distribute Rockna was because the designer and owner of Rockna is among the most knowledgeable digital designers in the world and has designed several digital products for some of the top digital companies in the world. The parts and build quality are exceptional and comparable with dacs costing 2-5 times as much. We should also mention that we have repair depots in the USA and Canada but we have done zero repairs.

My suggestion is you contact Bob at Rhapsody Audio in NY who is one of our resellers because he has compared the Rockna Signature dac to the 33K CEC dac and the 150K MSB Stack 2. I think you would be shocked at his conclusion. He has also compared the Rockna WD Net to other servers costing twice as much.

Bob Visintainer
Rhapsody Music and Cinema/Goldmund New York
27 West 24th Street, Suite 506
New York, NY 10010
Website- Rhapsody.audio

212-229-1842

If I had to fault the Rockna for anything, it is the build time. They are built like a tank with quality parts and Rockna takes their time building their dacs and servers, just like you would when building a high end, limited production automobile. My thoughts are that you will not see many people posting because there is limited quantity due to build time.

Cheers,

Post removed 
Post removed