Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
You might get by with Microwalsh talls, even smaller, more like Arro size I think.
Call OHM and talk to John Strohbeen.   See what he says.

I use ohm 100s (slightly larger than 1000) in 12X12 rooms as close as 1 foot to walls to better effect than conventional monitors or towers of similar size in there.
After a number of emails with Evan I went ahead and ordered the 2000's which is what they recommended for my room which isn't ideal so you should get in touch with them leahy they will give you good advice. 
I'm enjoying my Ohm 1000s as I type this -- Murray Perahia is playing Beethoven's Piano Concerto No 1 and the sound is expansive. Ohm's do a wonderful job of capturing the scale of an orchestra in a concert hall.

My room is roughly 13 X 14 and the speakers are 7' apart from each other on the shorter wall, 10" out. (They started out 8' apart and 14" from the wall, but small changes make a dramatic difference. Experimentation is important.) 

I had originally discounted the Ohms, because as a semi-omni speaker, I thought the wall opening at the right behind the speakers would play havoc with the sound. John Strohbeen at Ohm and I discussed this and it turned out he was quite right. I'd suggest you discuss your issue with him and see what he thinks. You may be surprised, as I was.
Thank you for all three replies - that all sounds very hopeful. My inclination is to try the 1000. The volume of my room, with 9' ceiling, is just over the 1000 mark, and excessive bass has never been an issue with any speaker I have used (Altec A7 and split 210 cabinets included). I'll check in with Ohm.

leahy, like has been suggested, talk with John at Ohm, give him as much detail as you can on your room size, shape, and what you want to accomplish with your system. He will steer you right between the choices, and how well any of them will work. 

I would be inclined to say MWT’s could work very well, and they really do have very respectable bass. The 1000 improves on the bass end even more so, but depending on placement may prove too much potentially. But all that is my own thoughts at the moment. Ask the one who will know. 

I think your current system with the Naim and Totem(I used a Naim Uniti with MW T’s for awhile) is a good one, if it works well, sometimes it may be difficult to upset things, but with Ohm’s very generous trial period, certainly worth a try, I say go for it. As Map stated, the MWT abd Arro are very similar in size, the Ohm being a bit taller maybe, but that is where the comparisons will end, they both do a bit different things sound wise of course. 

Have fun, enjoy the music either way! Tim