Help me replace ancient speakers - or not

Looking forward to your collective wisdom...

Short version:
Should I replace my 40 year old Allison One speakers with something made within, oh, the last couple of decades??  And can I get something reasonably full-range, that can fit into my small NYC living room, for, say, $2500 or less?  Used is fine. 

Long version:
I've had these Allison Ones for about 10 years, and they replaced Allison Sixes that I purchased new in 1982 or so.  So I've had very similar speaker "sound" for a verrrry long time. 

I've been interested in hi-fi since the 80s but rarely purchase anything new - clearly!  I'm a musician and equipment/hobby money has usually gone to instruments and music instead.  I try to get improvements on a small budget. 

Rest of the system is a NAD C352 integrated (Craigslist find!) with Tara Labs jumpers, a Marantz CD6005 cd player, and an Auralic Aries MIni streamer, the last two running through an Audio GD r2r DAC.  This is all cheapish stuff, but it sounds good in our small apartment, or it does most of the time.  

I'm listening to a Geri Allen trio date with Dave Holland and Jack DeJohnette, and her piano sounds full and tonally correct, and the bass and drums are balanced and impactful.  There isn't a huge amount of imaging  - Allisons don't really do that - but it all seems pretty correct.  BUT - maybe I'm just used to it?  

Other factors: we like to listen to everything from jazz to opera to poorly-recorded music from all over the world, at realistic volumes.  Scale is important, imaging not so much in my book.  My ears have taken a beating from years of loud gigs so I favor a warm-ish sound, but am open to trying something totally different.  I'm always drawn to the Audio Note rooms at shows, and a pair of AN-E's would be my dream.  Thinking of Klipsch Heresy's too, for some reason.  Gosh, I guess these are pretty ancient designs too.  

Any thoughts welcome and sorry for the novel. 
sforrey
Small space, close to the wall, warm sound, broad frequency response, small foot print = ProAc D2. Check Hi-Fi Shark for ads, there’s several up for grabs for under 2 grand.

As for thoughts that the NAD is a limiting factor in your system? - - - the 352 is a lovely little bit of Hi-Fi, but lets face it .... it is an entry level bit of gear. Comparatively speaking, the NAD is bright sounding to what’s out there & being a musician you must find that with prolonged listening the music becomes grainy, even intrusive.

If your an old school guy/musician, you’ll most likely warm up to the sound of tubes (pardon the pun). The Rouge Cronus Magnum is a must to audition. A must. They’re out there used, they are not cheap, nor are they expensive (It has a phono stage). It’s an integrated amp, so it’ll save ya space, plus you’ll be able to tube roll with it to tailor your sound.

All I can say is that with the ProAc/Rouge combination you can’t go wrong. You’ll get a life time of listening contentment and for not a whole lot of money.
PS: I don’t work for or sell either of the above.
The Allisons are designed to work with your room boundaries in ways very few if any modern speakers are.

Dipole speakers like the Spatials with their cardoid radiation pattern are also very room friendly.

I'd approach upgrading cautiously, if at all.  Get a measurement mic and download Room EQ Wizzard and collect some data.
+1 Elizabeth! "I say keep the speakers" .    Add that new Kinki int amp (200 wpc) and you'll have a system that will show the full potential of the Allison Ones!
Hi Sforrey,
+2 Elizabeth!!
Based on what I have read you should keep the speakers.
As roberjerman pointed out the Kinki Integrated Amp definitely deserves checking out.
some other considerations...

http://www.rogueaudio.com/Products_Cronus_Magnum.htm

www.primaluna-usa.com/prologue-premium-integrated

Also worth consideration - sounds fantastic, I had a similar set up

www.audiogon.com/listings/lis94ajh-conrad-johnson-mv52-tube

There are also some good deals on Agon with vintage integrated amps for BAT and Audio Research. I would stay away from the newer AR gear.