Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
A long time ago, I decided not to agonize over cable burn-in.  I had read post after post about cables sounding good, bad, bright, thin, dynamic, flat, and then finally, and magically (always after something like 500 hours), sounding great.  Some folks even too listening notes to document their cable burn-in process. Why would anyone want to go through all that and how can anyone be sure that the perceived changes are due to burn-in and not the psychoacoustical effect of familiarization?

My solution was to research burn-in devices and to purchase an Audiodharma Cable Cooker, which I use to condition/burn-in all my cables, both those I make and manufactured cables I purchase.  I recondition cables if I change connectors and after they have been sitting unused for awhile.  After conditioning a cable on the Cable Cooker I simply do not think about burn-in since I have better things to do.
Another way to facilitate burn in is to use a CD test/break in treatment like Ayre's Irrational but Efficacious CD Treatment. I can get impatient with break in and plopping the CD in and letting it run for an hour or two on repeat can greatly speed up the break in process.

Before and after can be a real eye & ear opener. After hearing the results, I now do it 2-3 times with playing CDs in between to any new component I get.

All the best,
Nonoise
Even if they're been used before, or cooked prior to shipping, they still need time to "settle" in the new system.
Every cable needs burn in how long depends on the gauge.I just burned in new Furutech speaker cable about 200 hrs to sound its best.Anyone who says its bs never had a real high end system.
Components and cables seem to be affected by a 'breaking in' period.
What seems to be a simply electric path has subtle intricacies that, in the end, affect sound reproduction.
It seems like it would make a great thesis in EE.

For mere listeners, like myself, I just recognize the effect and play music.
When 'it' happens, I am a happy guy.
B