Could I make use of a DAC with my setup?

I stream music (Spotify Premium) from my PC via 3.5mm cable into a Parasound P5 preamp, which is hooked to a Parasound A23 amp, and from there to Klipsch Fortes that I purchased new in 1986, I think. 

I had the impression that if I use a DAC before the P5 preamp, the DAC's output would be "reprocessed" by the DAC in the preamp, and, therefore, useless.

Is my impression correct?  Thanks!
forsooth
forsooth

The way you are currently connected, 3.5mm cable from PC to Parasound, is an analog connection, so the DAC being used is the one in the PC. You might try USB from the PC to the Parasound which will use the Parasound DAC, but I see absolutely no reason for an external DAC while using Spotify Premium. It's just a small step up in quality over free Spotify.

What?  8{

I did not know that!!  I thought it was using the P5 DAC throught the P5 AUX in.  Dang!  

Yeah, I know that Spotify Premium is not something to write home about, but I thought at least....at least I was taking advantage of the very best electronics that I had in my possession, but with the AUX being analog, I'm using about the cheapest DAC ever made.

Well, thank you for telling me.  And, yes, I am waiting for Qobuz hopefully in late October, which I will sign up for as soon as it is available.
That's why I was curious as to why you  didn't use the usb on the P5. Since you have plans to upgrade the computer you could continue what you do and when you get a new computer try it with usb if it doesn't perform like you want then try a seperate dac. The dac in the P5 is a pretty good one.
I too am waiting to try Qobuz I hope my integrated amp will support it like it does Tidal. For info purposes my amp is a Micromega M100 which is a streamer as well makes things a bit easier. I am all for ease of use.