LTA micro zotl preamp

For all you working class audiophiles! Listen to me carefully. The LTA micro zotl pre amp is a giant killer! Just got it and with stock tubes it has great promise . Great dynamics, presence and resolution! You don’t need to spend $30k to get a decent preamp! I’m not kidding! Enjoy the music!😊
kw6
Br3098, 

I am talking about the MZ2! You have now have DHT preamps but if you still had MZ2 there you and compare you probably lost resolution & micro dynamics and gained a fuller beautiful sound which is not accurate to my ears. 

kw6, I think that we are getting mixed up with naming. Admittedly, LTA does not make it easy.  I assume that you just purchased the new micro ZOTL preamp.  I owned the older MZ2 unit, which was an integrated amp but many guys used it as a preamp.  I was asking you to compare the two, if possible.

While I enjoyed the MZ2 and it was very quiet, I found the midrange to be somewhat sterile and dry compared to my current DHT preamp.  I have no complaints about the DHT pre except that it does get a little noisy when using very low power SET amps, such as those I own that are powered by a single 71A or 45 tube.

@br3098 

I own both, the MZ2 and the new MicroZOTL Preamp. The refinements in the new preamp make outperform the MZ2 by a sizable margin. There is nothing sterile or dry but I am using it with LTA’s UltraLinear amp and the synergy there. The sound is amazing. 

The MZ2 was originally meant to be a headphone amp. Then with a little tweaking was built with the capability of being used as a 1 watt amp and a no frills preamp. It is very good at all of functions, far better than its price would indicate and is the Swiss Army knife of audio.

Lance