Which DAC ??? - Aesthetix Pandora Eclipse OR Bricasti M1 SE?

Fellow audiophiles, hope you are all well. I need your advice on my next DAC upgrade!!!

I recently acquired a Aesthetix Pandora DAC (base model) to replace my PS Audio Perfectwave mk2. I feel that the Pandora is a substantial improvement over Perfectware mk2 with sweet treble, solid mid and powerful bass. The vocals sound much smoother and there's more meat on the bones. For me, the sole task of music is to convey emotion and Pandora does this wonderfully! I feel that it brings souls to my music collections. Very musical DAC that I can keep listening for hours without any signs of fatigue. As compared to Pandora, the Perfectwave sounds analytical, flat and lifeless.

I like the Pandora so much that one month after I acquired it I'm thinking of upgrading it to its top of the line edition, the Eclipse edition which costs substantially more than than the base model and is in the same price range as the well-known Bricastsi M1 SE. The problem is there's no place in Sydney to audition the Pandora Eclipse or the Bricasti M1 SE, not to mention a home audition.

Now here comes my questions: Could you please kindly share your experience if you listened to the either Aesthetix Pandora Eclipse or Bricasti M1 SE before? The sound that I'm chasing is open, live, 3d and most importantly, musical and engaging. Bricasti M1 SE is a world class DAC and most of the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. However, there are still a few people saying it can be bright therefore fatiguing at times. Is it true? OR should I take a totally new perspective and upgrade other components to maximize the SQ improvement e.g. a dedicated server like Antipodes DX?

My humble system comprises:

Mac mini with Uptone DC-Conversion / Linear Fan Controller Kit (MMK).

Aesthetix Pandora DAC (base model)

Aesthetix Calypso Preamp

Aesthetix Atlas Monos

Magnepan 1.7i

IC: Entry level Chord XLR

Speaker cable: Clearday double shotgun

Please help me make an informed decision. Your opinion is highly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks.

Steven

steven365
OP Motorola 7058 and Amperex in the 6DJ8 / ECC88
Andy probably has best tube test equipment on the planet...
I dont disagree with @audioconnection  Johnny R
just providing an alternate path to upgrading your already excellent Pandora....and one you might consider even with Eclipse....

back to Nina....and the music....
on the subject of low NFB...that design principle dominates my system along with time and phase correct filters and speakers....
Steven,
This response to your Aug. 28 questions is so late it will probably go unread.  I suppose one shouldn't jump into discussions if one isn't going to monitor them with some regularity.  Also this response will mostly address peripheral considerations, although meaningful.  And maybe you've made decisions by now.
At any rate, your question re upgrading Pandora to Eclipse for $6,500, or buying Antipodes DX (Gen 3 with 2TB SSD storage is $9,150) is a tough choice.  I do think the Gen 3 upgrade for the DX is better, and I know it handles Roon/Tidal much better (no more delays and interruptions in streaming).  As for Aesthetix, I have total confidence in their performance and honesty in pricing, meaning I feel the Eclipse upgrade will be well worth it.  I think I'd opt for the Pandora upgrade, feeling it would have more impact on overall SQ than the Antipodes, especially if you're listening to digital other than streaming.  If you desire a streaming upgrade, there are good streamers available at much lower price points, like the Aurender N100H that I had and replaced with the Antipodes.  I did like the Aurender's SQ, ease of use and customer service.
It does sound like the range of choices you are considering are all good, so in that sense you can't lose.
Jim Heckman