Switched from RCA to XLR Interconnects - WOW

I just received a set of Pangea True Balanced Premier SE XLR interconnects from Audio Advisor and connected them between my phono preamp to my amp.
I really didn't expect to hear any major difference, but man was I wrong.  The sound quality is night and day improved over my previous cables (Clear Day Cables RCA cables).  The improvement in bass response is amazing, and the soundstage got about 2 feet wider and deeper.  Mids and highs are also more clearly defined, and the backgrounds are about as black as I have ever heard.   What also surprised me is how much hotter the signal is into the amp.  I had to turn the volume down quite a bit to equal levels I usually listed to with the previous cables.
FYI, the preamp is a Parasound JC3+ and the amp is a Lyngdorf TDAI-3400.  
I'm really impressed.  I had always wanted to try using balanced cables but this is the first amp I have owned that had balanced inputs.  
128x128snackeyp
Post removed 
I can neither agree nor disagree, my TriangleArt designed by owner Tom Vu swears by his equipment using RCA’s. My amps, preamps, phono stage and tone arm are all connected via RCA’s. It’s very black, detailed and the sounstage are incredible! He found 2m RCA’s are the sweet spot. It blows away my cat amps and pre! I do believe it how it’s all designed. I’d bet my bottom dollar if XLR’s were better he’d build them in and get rid of the RCA’s. Just my worthless two cents... :) 
snackeypI - I experienced the same "wow" going from single ended to balanced cabling some years ago, with the Krell FP600 amp. It sounded much better. using balanced cable from the preamp. This has been my experience later also, so now, most of my system is balanced, using xlr cables. Some say that when using XLR cable, quality does not mean so much, but I hear a difference. I mostly use JPS Superconductors. The Superconductor 3 is the best interconnect I have in my system.
@inna Lamm certainly does use XLRs at least they used to on their amps. My understanding is that the circuits were not truly balanced. Nonetheless, they probably met the criteria mentioned in this thread. My 4m run to my preamp always was connected by balanced cables. This was using their M2.1 hybrids. Cheers,
Spencer 
3 years ago I purchased a Simaudio 700i amp which is a true dual mono balalanced circuit. I was using Discovery Essence RCA interconnects from a Simaudio CD Player. I thought it sounded great and was dead silent. Talking with Joe DePhillips the cable designer he offered to convert or swap my RCA cables for XLR connections. 

The difference convinced me of the benefits even on an already silent system. The most obvious change was a far greater sense of dynamics, more gain, detail and clarity.
Other positive aspects became obvious on extended listening.

Nothing was lost except for the shipping charges and the cost of the XLR connectors.
I chose to return my shorter pair for upgrade rather than take the longer pair Joe offered.
Same cables, much better sound ! 
It was a no-brainer in my system.