Play music from laptop over WiFi to existing audio system: how?

I want to play music from my laptop to my existing stereo system over WiFi instead of a USB cable. I find plenty of systems designed to stream music from the Internet but I'm not interested in that. I want to play the music from my laptop. I also find plenty of USB DAC's but I don't want to have a USB cable. I also don't favor Bluetooth because WiFi offers my bandwidth and options.
I looked at the Yamaha MusicCast WXC-50 and while I see that it can access files over the network using NFS (my preferred network file share protocol), it appears that in this case the laptop act as be a passive storage device. I am hoping instead to use the music player on my laptop to send music to my DAC/preamp as if it were connected by USB cable. But, of course, I want to do this wirelessly.
Is there a solution similar to what I am looking for?
lowoverdrive
Audio engine maybe others sell wireless dac. Easy solution is put plex app on a tablet or similar device with WiFi near hifi and connect that to hifi. Then use a separate phone with plex app also as a WiFi remote controller. You have to connect something physically to the hifi unless it has built in streaming.
Post removed 
Thanks for the replies!
Audio engine maybe others sell wireless dac

I see it here:
B1 Bluetooth Music Receiver — Audioengine https://audioengineusa.com/shop/adapters/b1-bluetooth-music-receiver/

However, my existing DAC is better than that one. It seems that buying a new DAC just to get a wireless connection is not the smart choice. And going to a lower-end DAC to accomplish it seems even less desirable.
Am I misunderstanding something?
Any wireless streamer, Bluesound, Auralic,etc

I’m not sure of the exact devices to look for. Maybe the Bluesound Node?
This one by Auralic has a name that sounds right because what I had in mind was just a wireless transport, not a new DAC:

Auralic Aries G1 Wireless Streaming Transport https://www.audiodestination.co.uk/auralic-aries-g1-wireless-streaming-transport
Unfortunately, the price on the above device is impossible to justify. For my system, I am sure there are more cost effective solutions if I keep looking.

What music player are you using on your laptop?
deadbeefI also have Audacious
has to be an inexpensive way to get wifi to your DAC
My thoughts exactly!
If I cannot find a simple and straightforward solution, then the next option seems to be something like this:
attach a small computer (like a NUC or any other capable computer) to my DAC via short USB cable and then connect that small computer to my network. I have a Gigabit Ethernet jack available nearby, so it is no problem to make a wire connection.
I also happen to have several small computers that are not being used for anything right now. They have Intel Core i7 CPU’s and will be performant enough to handle audio as well as any other components in my system.

Then I can run any client-server software: Plex and Roon have been mentioned. However, since I run Linux, I also learned that PulseAudio have this capability built in. So I don’t need any other software.
There is also one more option on Linux: usbip. This is a client-server solution (part of the Linux kernel) which sends USB over the network. When set up, my DAC which is attached by USB cable to one computer, will appear as if it is directly connected (by USB cable) to the other computer.

All of these client-server solutions require connecting a small computer to my DAC (which I can easily do). I guess that will be my next step unless someone here has a better idea that is under, say $500.

I definitely do not have a good understanding of all the options, the tradeoffs, the benefits of some of the solutions already suggested, etc. So please feel welcome to educate me or point me to tutorials to read or whatever you think I need to learn.
The Yamaha you mentioned might do what you want. It is DLNA compliant so depending on your music player on the laptop you might be able to play from the laptop as well as from the Yamaha. For example with my integrated amp which is also a streamer I can either access media from the amp/streamer or from Jriver on my computer and play it to the streamer, I know BubbleUpnp will also do this . I am not familiar with the players you’re using. If your music player on your laptop can see DLNA media devices it should be able to play to them.