Please help me figure out what I need to do this. My head spins with tech talk..

I am considering a sim audio moon cd transport 260dt to replace my beloved CD player that just died.I have a Plinius 9200 integrated. What do I need to make this combo work? Do I need a DAC?I get that transports are different from players but I just want to make sense of all of this in a simple way. thanks!
128x128abstract
Post removed 
Yes,originally I was looking at the 260Dt..the transport only..that was before I realized the whole world of audio had changed as far as CD players since my last purchase and that it was just a transport..and that I would need a DAC..so that would mean the 260D... which then put me into a whole other pricepoint...$3,000 which I am not sure I want to do..If I knew for sure it was my forever sound player I would eat P,B & J for sonic bliss, but I can't know that for sure until I live with it. My standards are high..I am coming off a CD player I adore(d)..a BAT vk-d5 which even after all this time and age I would still keep..a lush tube sound, but the transport needs replacing & the technician told me that it's possible that the factory that produced the transports was demolished by a tsunami.So I need that confirmation then act fast.I can't survive long without music.
I don't care much about HOW it works as well as how WELL(beautifully) it works.(I think that's a female thing)

If you want to buy used the music room has a BAT vk-D5SE  8 years old with a 24 bit upgrade for $2000, might could trade some old componet you no longer use or try to negotiate with them. 

You would get better performance with an Oppo followed by a Synchro-Mesh reclocker and a good BNC cable into a DAC. 7psec of jitter at the end of the cable.  Jitter is all that matters in a transport and no transport delivers jitter this low.

If you want to save money, then consider a CD player, not a transport.  Simaudio, Bryston and PSaudio are all decent choices.

Steve N.

@abstract from your last description it sounds like what's most important is that you get a replacement DAC that satisfies the sound you're looking for coming from the BAT VK-D5.

A DAC will have digital inputs allowing you to use an inexpensive CD transport in the short-term, maybe even your computer if it has digital audio output and a CD drive, but get good sounding music immediately. Whereas if you focus on researching transports, you will have something to stick CDs into but won't hear any music, or will be using the DAC included with the transport which may not sound good to you.

djones51's recommendation to purchase a VK-D5SE might be your safest and quickest bet, if you can't get a replacement drive for your existing unit.

It may also be worth it to consider repairing your VK-D5 with a replacement drive that isn't the exact same as the original. There's no reason to think it wouldn't sound just as good, as long as a reliable high-quality drive is put in.