Looking for speaker recommendations

I retired a couple of years ago and as a hobby have become a bit of an audiophile.  I need some speaker advice from those of you who know more than I. 

I listen mostly to classical and jazz. System is on most of the day for background music.  I do more critical listen from 8-10 in the evening at low volume (50-60 db.)

Been buying and selling gear and my current system is a Mac computer, Teac UD-301 DAC/preamp, Classe CT-2300 amp, Vandersteen 2CE signature speakers. My listening space is a 20 X 18 foot living room with cathedral ceilings. Due to WAF restrictions, the stereo system is in a corner of the room with the speakers 10 feet apart, directed at my listening chair that is 12 feet away.  

The Vandys sound nice but I suspect they are too directional for my listening space and style.  I am looking for a speaker that has a more fuller sound stage and will fill the room with sound. Speakers will need to have a better WAF than the Vandys. (Wife does not like the black socks on the Vandys.)

I prefer to buy used and am looking in the $2-5K range.

My current short-list for speakers is-

Legacy-Signature SE

DeVore-Gibbon X

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.

128x1282tuby
@2ruby

Out of those two speakers that you listed above I would definitely go with the DeVore Gibbon X but as one of the member said above that these speakers retail for $15k/pair new and I wouldn’t think that you would be able to find a used pair for within your budget of $2k to $5k.

I would also throw out some speakers that I think will be worth considering :
A used pair of Sonus Faber Olympica line, a used pair of an older Revel Ultima Salon, a used pair of Vienna Acoustics Mozart, and finally a used pair of either B&W 803 D2 or used pair of B&W 804 D3.

Your Classe CT-2300 amp will pair really well with these B&W speakers and will sound really good together. But your weak link I think is your DAC/preamp. You will need to upgrade your DAC/preamp. Upstream electronics such as DAC, preamp, etc are very crucial and will determine the overall sound quality of your setup and system. You already have a great amp. Your Classe CT-2300 is a spectacular sounding amp but your preamp/DAC needs to be upgraded to a better one. You should look for a used Classe CP-800 stereo preamp/DAC. It originally retailed for $6k but it was discontinued last year and nowaday can be had for around $3k to $4k used. This will pair well with your Classe CT-2300 power amp and it will be a big improvement sonically from your TEAC UD-301 DAC/preamp.
I highly recommend that you connect using USB cable from your computer to its rear USB DAC inpit port. The Classe CP-800 is optimized for use with its USB DAC input.

All in all, I think your Vandy speakers are fine. Your weak link is your TEAC UD-301 DAC/preamp. If you like, you can move up the Vandy line if you like their sound profile. Again, it's all about personal preferences / tastes and musical tastes when it comes to speaker choices. 
Audionoobie (aren't we all?)-
You seem to be where I am in this audiophile hobby.  I like my Vandys but I think I can get better sound. (If you do not look you will never find it!)

I read the hype on Audiogon for the Tektons and was attracted to them too but not enough buy them.  Please let me know what you think of them
I think that the Ohms will be different than the Vandys but not  $3-4K better. I think I may give the Ohms a home trial. 

Caphill- 
I have been looking for a less expensive Gibbon and have not had any luck but I will continue my quest.
I agree that my DAC/preamp is the weak link in my current system.  As an audiophile newbee I have two questions-1) Do you believe that I should replace the DAC/preamp before the speakers?  2) Do you believe there is a discernible difference between a $1K DAC/preamp and a $3-4K DAC/preamp?
I recommend Evolution Acoustics Mmmone speaker to you.
It looks good but with nice tumber and clear sound.
It will meet Waf.