The 70’s are back

And for only $4000 you can buy a brand new pair of JBL L100’s.

I will have to hear them hooked to a Sansui receiver and pop in Led Zeppelin an 8 track.

JD
128x128curiousjim
curiousjim, yes they did and very fragile as well. Those were Ohm Fs, top of the line back in teh late 70s.

I have two pair of the newer Ohm Walsh models, one with new 12" drivers in refurbed OHM F cabinets. The sound is phenomenal. Require no more power than most. Also most durable. You can throw anything at them even at top volume and never show any signs of stress. That’s quality!   All but the largest current model OHM Walsh speakers can be had for $4000.   A different bird for sure!
When I bought my JBL 4319 monitors, the JBL-100 were being shown off but were not for sale as of then. Although I love my 4319s, the fact that the midrange is pure pulp paper, like the woofer, kinda piques my interest. Don't get me wrong as I love what I hear with the Mag/Al midrange in my 4319s, but......

That, and they are priced the same as the 4319 monitors and have the optional retro stands, which I had to source from Deer Creek Audio. It's just that classic look of the egg crate grills, especially in orange, that floats my boat.

@d2girls, nice to hear how much you love your JBL 4367 speakers and the base they can conjure. If anyone knows drivers, it's JBL.

All the best,
Nonoise
@nonoise I don’t have them yet, merely placed a deposit. I’m waiting for the kinki mx1 to arrive before I arrange the dealer to deliver.

so far I've had a good audition session that completely sold me on them. As I said before rush was WOWZA! The visceralness of the drum kit in yyz and Tom Sawyer was intense. If my KEF ls50 and Harbeth were 6/10 and 8/10 respectively in terms of dynamics, the JBL are completely off the charts at 25/10. 
As well, the dealars room was a coffin! 12x12 and I was sitting barely 6 feet away... even the very slight head adjustment I could make (the only adjustment, given the extremely tight distance to the speakers) , was enough to make the sound a lo more clear. Imagine how good it will sound 10 feet away. They're only going to sound better in my room. 
@d2girls, I believe the L-100s have a similar, if not the same, 12" base driver that my 4319s have and it can pound out the tunes without raising a sweat. That, and the lower end is so much more convincing coming out of a transducer that can adequately produce those lower wavelengths again, without a breaking a sweat.

It all adds to the realism of the sound staging, the accuracy of the layering, and the overall coherence that can be achieved when a driver can do what it's intended to do.

All the best,
Nonoise