The 70’s are back

And for only $4000 you can buy a brand new pair of JBL L100’s.

I will have to hear them hooked to a Sansui receiver and pop in Led Zeppelin an 8 track.

JD
128x128curiousjim
So I looked up inflation from 1973-2018 and the $600 I paid then is now $33xx.
With manufacturing costs coming down on most (not all) things, I wonder if JBL is looking for me to fondly remember yesterday and want to relive those days.

JD
I think they do. Just the buzz here from the announcement shows that they've hit a nerve. Anyone who grew up when those original L-100s were around are feeling something tickling their insides and resisting the urge to reach for their wallets or dip into their retirement accounts.

All the best,
Nonoise
During the early 80’s I had a pair of L112’s with a B380 subwoofer.  On the famous “for the time” 1812 overture, you could feel the breeze across the room emanating from the sub on the cannon shots.
 I still have fond memories of that system.  I think JBL is catering to Boomers with money to rekindle some of their youth.  I’ve certainly been tempted.
Looking at the spec, those new L100s are mostly just look-a-likes compared to the vintage L100s.  I would be very surprised if they sound even remotely similar.  The in the originals, the woofer operated full range without crossover.  Only LF blocking caps on the mid and tweeter.  The cone tweeter only operated up to about 17 kHz.  That being said I heard many L100s back in the day and liked them a lot.  I bought a pair a few years ago for my bedroom system.  I preferred my vintage ADS L710 by a pretty wide margin, so I sold the L100s.