Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@aniwolfe  - that is also a good moral! The thing is, I'm looking right now at the little slips of paper that Tekton kept my record on, and it reads "trading later when mini ulfbehrts are ready" dated 09/18/17.

In fact, on one of the slips of paper it reads my room dimensions @ 13x12x8. I remember distinctly asking Tekton on at least a couple of occasions if they are sure that the DIs would be suited for my room size. I was assured that yes, they would fit my room just fine. I mean, my room size had to be a consideration for Tekton, otherwise why write my room dimensions down? Additionally, I wrote my room dimensions down in our emails.

So, why think that the Encores would work better in my room? Well, $4,101 upgrade of additional speaker....as well as trust, made me think that the Encores would work in my room. Indeed, Tekton told me that the Encores would work in my room, even after I expressed concerns that the DIs did not. Yeah, I was trusting. Is that my bad, that I should have never trusted the word of the manufacturer? Maybe. Yet, with a smaller outfit like Tekton, one would expect honesty about my room size, as well as any other topic. Why didn't Tekton try to sell me on the Electrons?

I'll tell you: because they had more money to make by selling me the DIs. This is all about the sale - throwing the dart at the dart board and hoping it sticks.

I simply don't think that Tekton is honest, and then they became downright nasty when I called them to task on it. In fact, they became downright nasty and insulting. Take the Encores, don't open the boxes, and sell them on Audigon, indeed!

I've never, in all of my years as an audiophile, ran across a circumstance like this. Then again, I've never returned anything I've purchased for an upgrade, either.

Yeah, my bad for being so trusting. *shrug*

@evolvist first and foremost, I am very sorry to hear of your health problems and that this has turned out to be such an ordeal for you. Especially toward the end of this, things obviously went completely haywire and seemed to spiral out of control.

I have had three sets of Tektons: the Double Impacts, the Double Impact SEs, and now the Encores. Rather than trade them in, I sold the Double Impacts and the SEs to other audiophiles, both of whom are very happy with the speakers, as I am happy with the Encores.

Maybe I have your account of this story wrong, but where it seemed to go wrong is the wrangling over the shipping costs of sending the Double Impacts back to Tekton. I guess I am not clear on exactly how much they were expecting you to pay and how much you ended up paying on your friend's account. Believe me, $300 is not a bad price for shipping speakers that size. I just paid nearly $600 to ship some speakers smaller than the Double Impacts cross country last week. If you balked at that or got into a protracted beef with the company over paying the shipping after having the Double Impacts for nearly a full year, it is easy to imagine why they would balk at sending you the Encores under the same conditions. If I have this wrong, accept my apologies and feel free to set us straight.

I'm sorry if I sound less than sympathetic, but there are probably two sides to this story, and we are just getting one side here.

I sincerely hope you find happiness with your next set of speakers and return to good health very soon.
@waltersalas  - Well, there's nothing really to "set straight" per se. You're correct, there's two side to every story, and I certainly don't want to belabor the issue. I simply wanted to send a warning, because, to be frank, there are other people out there with bones to pick about Tekton, only they don't do it here (as much). Thank you for the best wishes.

Anyway, there wasn't a protracted shipping issue between me and Tekton. The shipping situation only served to give me further pause.

Let's see...It's like this:

Say, you ran a speaker company where you got a super discount on shipping for $150 per pair of speakers, hypothetically. I don't know what FedEx charges Tekton, but this is just an example.

So, you propose to a customer that you can help them with shipping on a pair of speakers that you have returning to them. Now do you tell the customer, "Okay, I can help you with shipping, at $150, using our account to send them back to us, but if you chose to send the second pair back, you are responsible for your own shipping?"

Or, do you tell the customer, "Okay, I can help you send with shipping, using our account, and based on previous shipping quotes from customers, at $600, I can save you roughly $300, making your shipping to us about $300. But, if you choose to send the second pair back, you are responsible for your own shipping?"

I don't know about anybody else, but I would do the former, having successfully run a business of my own. I would not pocket the balance of $150 under the guise of doing the customer a great favor.

In other words, you go through shipping with Tekton, yes, you might get a break from what it would cost you on your own, but Tekton knows that they can also make a little scratch by depositing the balance. 

I didn't like that feeling, as I asked Tekton if $300 is what they pay FedEx to ship their speakers. The answer was no. Of course it was no.

As to us common fare, shipping speakers without "help," I paid $500 to ship some speakers to a friend, 215lbs a piece speakers, in crates, via FedEx freight, once. Maybe I'm daydreaming, or seriously out of touch, but that's the way it went down. Indeed, if the DIs had been a one-way journey, it was $129 to ship them from Texas to Utah, by weight and dimensions, insured w/ signature. This was through a dealer friend of mine.

But no, there wasn't a long haggling process over shipping. I ordered the color with them, they told me it would be two weeks, I agreed to pay for the upgraded Encores, I shipped my speakers out, and then Tekton refused to take them, knowing good and well by email, and by FedEx alert, that they were on their way.

All of the stuff that happened in the middle, was just a Tekton throwing a fit, based on assumptions, and backed by nothing, save for the falsity of their own words.
Post removed 
evolist, I suggest making a new thread and reposting your account of what happene