The 70’s are back

And for only $4000 you can buy a brand new pair of JBL L100’s.

I will have to hear them hooked to a Sansui receiver and pop in Led Zeppelin an 8 track.

JD
128x128curiousjim
Interesting thread based on the division of Taste . I have in the closet a stellar pair of JBL 4312a’s , mirrored set in the original cartons and a custom ordered set of Sound Anchor stands ( 26” tall ). A Sansui 9090DB, a Marantz 2026, an MXR 15x2 EQ , A pair of Klipsch Heresy II ‘s . I’m currently running a modded pair of Dynakit MK III’s . But Damn It , I got rid of my 8- Track player . I had a Muntz player in the car that played 4 and 8 tracks . But the caveat is that those JBL’s were a near field monitor for the recording studio that went mainline . I’ve paired them with tube and SS pre’s , tube and SS amps and even a Modwright KWI 200 . But I just can’t capture that “ Good Old Days “ feeling . So did my taste change , did lots of newer speakers “ Get it Right “ ? I have thought about recapping/rebuilding/replacing the crossovers . Oh BTW , did you use a book of matches or your pocket comb to jam into the face of your 8 Track player to stop slippage ? And today’s audiophiles had Nakamichi cassettes back then ?  
Oh BTW , did you use a book of matches or your pocket comb to jam into the face of your 8 Track player to stop slippage ? 

Yup. But I found match books to work best. 👍

As to redoing the crossovers, check out Kenrick Sound over on YouTube. They do an amazing job of restoring and improving the crossovers on vintage, as well as modern JBL speakers. 

After a couple of years I just may go and look into doing just that with my JBL 4319 monitors once the upgrade bug bites.

All the best,
Nonoise

Speaking of Nakamichi, although I couldn't afford it, I always lusted over their car audio cassette players.