For those of us over 60..

What band's output would you say best describes you/your life as you see it?

For me, Allman Brothers
128x128slaw
I think it all depends on the year for me.  So many great artists from year to year makes it impossible for me to pick one group to define 72 years on Earth.
Oh man, I’m only 54 and all this seems completely beyond my time old-guy stuff ;-)

Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead, Moody Blues....*shudder*....

Not long ago I tried watching some Grateful Dead concerts on line, just to see what the fuss was about. I sure couldn’t figure out what the fuss was all about, nothing even remotely compelling. Seemed like a scrappy old band  outputting bland music.   But, hey, I guess they just weren’t my idiom. I like tons of stuff many here would think of as WTF? So that’s how it goes.

The Beatles, their catalogue pretty much covers every emotion and experience. (To digress, a big thumbs up to Egypt Station. Ear worm galore.)

@hapinoregon, you’re my kinda guy! Are you actually in Oregon? Portland perhaps?

@prof, I feel your pain. Musical taste is purely subjective and personal. I too find The Moody Blues insufferable (except for their debut Go Now album, when future Wings member Denny Laine was a member). The Allmans were okay (except for Duane, who was a great guitarist), but somewhat over-rated imo (their drummers are terrible!). But see, I have gone back and discovered the original sources of the music theirs is based upon, and I find most white versions of black music inferior, with some exceptions. No offense intended slaw! The Dead are too complicated to discuss in a forum, but I completely understand why you find their appeal bewildering. How do you feel about Phish? ;-)

Kate and Anna McGarrigle.  Started listening to them and their entourage in 1975.  Still listening regularly and have expanded to their children:  Rufus and Martha Wainwright and the terrific Lily Lanken.   Their music encompasses all stages of life to me.  63 tomorrow!