Vintage receivers???

Considering buying a classic vintage receiver or integrated amp for my second system. At the moment I've been looking at Marantz 2200 series, but I'm just starting.................Power isn't a big concern as this will not be played at concert hall levels. ........Good sound quality is important.........My questions are, A) Recommendations........B) typical cost for recap and alignments.......and is it worth the cost and trouble?

Thanks
shadowcat2016
Well John the Marantz 240 should make a fine amp for you to to recap and refurbish.  If the work is only a matter of caps.  The bigger problems are the integrated circuit boards.  If they are bad you will be out of luck.  Remember that older amps frequently had less power than you would anticipate seeing now.
This is generally the wrong forum to discuss vintage equipment. Check out Audiokarma.org. 
I am not familiar with the Audiokarma site.  I have used this and Audio Asylum. Do they have a vintage discussion board? Or do they have multiple vintage bulletin boards, and how are they arranged?
Buying a vintage receiver is buying nostalgia. The biggest problem is the large markup on that value. Plenty of newer better equipment at a lower price without the nostalgia tax.On the other hand, finding one dirt cheap and rebuilding it yourself could be a great deal of fun. and bring happiness.