Cover songs that are better than the originals.

There is an active thread about terrible cover songs so I thought I'd start one about cover songs that are better than or have completely eclipsed the originals. I'll start:

Randy Newman wrote Momma Told Me Not to Come for Eric Burdon who recored it with the Animals and Newman recorded it too. I have the Newman version and like it but Three Dog Night really seem to capture the mood of the song best in my opinion.
n80
"Dancing in the Streets" Grateful Dead "Cornell ’77" ………………….Wow!...…..
There have been several versions of "Sweet Jane" mentioned.

I like Mott The Hoople's version.
1. “I got a woman” Elvis compared to that of Ray Charles 

2. “That’s all right, momma,” Elvis compared to  “Big Boy” Crudup; plus, “My baby left me” and “So glad you’re mine,” Crudup originals, were also covered and performed by Elvis in a manner that I thought was better than the originals.

Elvis’ versions above (1 + 2) had an integrated spirit, drive, and sensuality that produced a unique sound and generated an exciting, even thrilling listening experience. The only cover he did that was a disappointment to my listening expectations was “Such a night,” which was essentially a note-for-note copy of the arrangement and delivery by Johnny Ray.