Horns: Why don't they image well?

Anyone have a theory?

\\\\\\
o| O O |o
  \ . ^ . /
erik_squires
It maybe the speakers in the link he posted. hey Duke can you please confirm what speaker/s you will have in the 3002 ?
I hope to pop in, nay WILL pop in.......
@roxy54 

Ooooh, my bad. I meant to post "Why do horns image SO well." 

I guess I screwed that up... << runs and hides >> 

@d2girls asked: "what horns will be in room 3002?"

One of mine, a new model making its debut. It’s called the Azel Stand Mount, and it’s not up on my website yet.

12" midwoofer, 1" throat Beryllium-diaphragm compression driver on a 15" SEOS waveguide-style horn. Rear-firing tweeter compensates for a radiation pattern mis-match between midwoofer and horn by fixing the spectral balance of the reverberant field. Crossover is kinda neat in a kinda nerdy way... starts out first-order and then accelerates to fourth-order.  Two pluggable ports to work with different boundary reinforcement situations, and user-adjustable treble-tilt via a high-quality external resistor. 

@gawdbless asked: "hey Duke can you please confirm what speaker/s you will have in the 3002?"

The entire system also includes the new "SuperStands" (so named because there just isn’t enough hyperbole in high-end audio these days). The SuperStands incorporate a built-in subwoofer and an adjustable coaxial driver dedicated to the reverberant field, the latter being an application of the "Late Ceiling Splash" and/or "Space Generator" concepts I’ve shown with a few times. The SuperStands will theoretically work with most stand-mount speakers.

Finally we’ll have two (optional) outboard subs positioned somewhere in the room, so that we’ll have four distributed subwoofer modules in total. Placement flexibility is not quite as good as with the Swarm because two of the subs are stuck doing double-duty as speaker stands, but we still expect to get pretty good modal smoothing.

"I hope to pop in, nay WILL pop in......."

SWEET!! Looking forward to it.

Didn’t you show a killer system with Mangers in a rounded upper cabinet once upon a time?

Duke

@erik_squires -
There was a litigant who wrote something really nasty- a paragraph's worth- about the judge and when he got hauled in front of the court on a contempt motion, his defense was;
"Oh, sorry, your Honor, that was a typo." :)