WHAT HAPPENED TO SONUS FABER?

I look at the new speakers.  They look cheaper and they are not as musical.  It’s like they are trying to be what they are not. What the hell happened?
calvinj
Hope the sound better than the Aida I that speaker didn’t do it for me. The new stuff sounds like they are trying to do everyone else instead of just doing themselves!
I am a SF fan.  But I hear ya.

i have the Olympica 3 and I don’t believe the build is the same as the Cremona.

for example, correct me if I’m wrong, the Cremona was made with wood slats making up the cabinet but the Olympica 3 is msg w veneer.

can someone confirm or deny?
Yep when the Master Franco passed and the company sold
to a Vulture Capitalist Org it was only time before it was race to the bottom.
The current crop lost the plot--sad.

T212
Yep when the Master Franco passed and the company sold
to a Vulture Capitalist Org it was only time before it was race to the bottom.
The current crop lost the plot--sad.

T212
Joey you are right.  It’s veneer. I hate to say this but when I looked at the Olympica and I was sad to see how they made it. I walked up and touched it and was puzzled. The cabinetry of a Sonus faber was special. Also the warm rich sound was the signature. It’s seems little by little they have started to go farther away from that. I heard the Lillium and I wasn’t impressed like I used to be by the sound of a Sonus faber. The sound would seduce you and you could listen for hours. It was also the most beautiful wood work I had seen in my life.  Not anymore. Watching what they have done makes me sad.