Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
dsper 

I'd like to thank you for your response about your experience with tubes .
You got me thinking about trying older tubes , 
so after finding and reading about different EF86s 
I decided to try a pair of 1972 NOS Tesla EF806s , the  performance version of the EF68 . 
I still will not take another chance with used tubes and can not begin 
to afford the $300 per tube for NOS Genalex Gold Lions  .
They sound FANTASTIC ,
I am now looking into finding 3 x 5751tubes since new production
is very limited .

You asked how the sound is from a passive pre-amp compares to
powered ones .  Pure , Clean , un-Colored 
Silvanik another McCormack owner with 
a pair of CS3.6s made his own passive pre-amp and loves it .
oblgny ( page 80 ) was disappointed with a passive pre-amp .

I believe ( totally a personal opinion ) that using a passive pre-amp
allows the input to your amp to be the purest sound ,
if you don't like the sound then your input equipment  
should be looked at or thought about ,
not your amps like oblgny was thinking .

Like the Thiel speakers that play the music put into them 
without any coloring , that is how I feel about a passive pre-amp.

Happy Friday 
Rob

tomthiel
Thank You for the abstract and another historical development of Thiel Audio.  You guys certainly had the right people in your early days' corner.
Happy Listening!
tomthiel......I am increasingly fascinated by your story around the world of Thiel Audio, keep telling please.
I would have been happy to meet you in Milan and maybe to share some good glasses of italian red wine....but you know it's never too late, in case you plan tourist trip in Italy let me know,  i'll be glad to take care of you as my special guest.

Silvano
Silvano - thank you very much. I don't travel much anymore - time passes and circumstances change.
Just ordered a set (one tweeter, one mid and a pair of woofer) as spare drivers for my CS 3.6 from Rob Gillum at Coherent Source Service.
Actually them are sounding fine and not in the need for any drivers replacement but I saw that they are becoming increasingly difficult to find and due to my intention to keep this speakers forever wanted put myself on the safe side.....just in case, to not risk to transform my Thiels in a sort of expensive paperweight :-)