CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
@elizabeth said:
I say specially when the mice are in the Man’s underpants.

Elizabeth: care to explain what you mean?

What? I am awestruck you need some sort of explanation. awry?"
There may be other situations where things just suddenly go from zero to a hundred ’awry’. But this was the one connecting men and mice I could think of at the moment. John Steinbeck has a scarier answer. Better watch out if Lennie wants to pet you....
Liz: can we/you please stay on point.  What's going on inside men's pants (as you view it) has no place here.  Why not, instead, tell us how all those diamond studded recepticles cooking on your refrigerator are progressing - much more humor and entertainment there and it is at least remotely related to audio.
phomchic
... given the vastly superior dynamic range of a CD compared to an LP, and the perfect reproduction of the data stream from a CD compared to the distorted output of an LP cartridge, a CD is clearly capable of vastly better reproduction.
This is where the pro-CD argument falls apart, because listening can reveal that CD does not inherently enjoy a "vastly superior" advantage over LP. The CD’s superior dynamic range is one of potential, and only rarely utilized. Other limits of LP performance - such as wow and flutter - can be well below audibility, so there’s no need for improvement.

I’ve defended CD here against those who invent explanations of its defects, such as the mythical "staircase" argument. But at the same time, I’ll defend LP from those who don’t understand the extent of its performance limits. The claim that CD is "vastly superior" is just as nonsensical as the "staircase" and "dropout" claims of its critics.

Both CD and LP are capable of extraordinary performance. And at their best, they sound very much more alike than different.
dynaquest4: What receptacles? Oh all THOSE Furutech GTX receptacles.. 
They are breaking in still. Probably mostly broken in, but maybe not totally.. Anyway I am through listening for them. I have recently been fiddling with the midrange resistor in my Magnepan 20.7s. One ohm is too much, Have it down to about 0.5 ohm with Mundorf 10 watt resistors. Bought some Duelund Cast. Not here yet. Going to arrange so I can continue to fiddle, and allow me to add on parallel resistors to try 40 ohm, 29 ohm, with at least the Duelund there. Clearly I believe the Mundorf are not as clean... Otherwise I am just weeding my Jazz LPs by at least listening partway... to cut back on clutter. This is my life, Saturday, October 6, 2018