Most underrated composer of 20th Century?

My choice is Bohuslav Martinu .
schubert
Lesarsfool, actually, Andy didn't have to draw those over and over. He just picked a photo or drew the image once, had a photo film made, and then had had his studio assistants make silkscreens. Those were then able to be screen printed as fast as he could tell his studio assistants how to mix the ink. So I'm not so sure he had to work harder than Glass ;-)

Arguing the merits of minimalism (both visual and musical) is a zero sum game, no one ever convincingly gains the upper hand. So, how can we reduce the elements of a worthwhile aesthetic experience to the minimum without becoming so reductive that the experience is without meaning?
"Easy, I bet 9 out of 10 people would just proclaim it nonsense out of hand."

9 out of 10 people are NOT geniuses. :^)

I would tend to agree with the pack on this one for the most part.

Bach is pretty minimalist compared to most that followed. I'd say that's the standard for simplistic quality to compare with.
With regard to the ultimate merits of minimalist music (tho without any suggestion of equivalency and - further - without any personal judgement one way or the other):

I wonder what kind of critique this crew would have provided after the premier of Rite of Spring.