Suggestions for Amp & Preamp or Integrated for my speakers

I have:
Vandersteen 2Ce Signature ii speakers;
a 1980s Yamaha PF 800 turntable; My room is 17 x 13 x 7;
$2000 to spend.
I am thinking about buying an Amp and Preamp. However for $2000 I might just get a good integrated amp. I’m still deciding on a separate DAC or not. That’s for another day.

So here is what I am looking for, suggestions for an Amp & Preamp combination or Integrated Amp, depending on what you like and think is best components for $2000 with my speakers.

I’m interested in opinions.
rkujan
At $2K max budget, your better off with an integrated amp. Don't know any separate preamp / amp combo new that I would want to own.

Vandersteen's are somewhat power hungry.  I would suggest new a Hegel H90 integrated amp.  60WPC may not seem like a lot, but it has a large power supply w/ great current delivery and bass control. The internal DAC (and streamer) is far better than you usually get at $2K.  

It's gonna sound a lot better than any parrotsound integrated.

It doesn't have a built in phono preamp : but you can get a decent stanalone one for $200.  The Parasoud Zphono is not bad - but I would probably favor the Project Phono Box S.  
Thanks for the input.  I like that every response is different. 

I haven't looked at Outlaw.  I will have to check them out.  I'll have to look for a place to audition it.  I have looked at the Audio DacMagic.

Johnto, I'm familiar with the parasound integrated and have read good things.  I'll have to look for a local distributor to give it a listen.  I like that it comes with the DAC and phono. 

I have read a lot about Hegel and Belles.  Both have some diehard fans, especially for the Belles.  twoleftears is afan.  Jarcher thanks for adding the phono preamp consideration.

After I typed $2000 for both an amp and preamp I realized that might not be enough for two decent components.  I think Rotel sells an amp and preamp for $999 apiece.  Absolute Sound likes the Rotels, and I have two distributors by me, and listened to them, but I don't know how to compare them to other audio co. components.

Truthfully, I might edge up to $2500.  Still i think an integrated is the way to go. 

I'm rewiring the basement after discovering minor code violations when I gutted drywall due to moderate flooding.  Can anyone point me basic articles for 2 channel wiring considerations?  I might as well go the extra yard since it's gutted.
Talk to Johnny Rutan at Audio Connection.  He stocks Vandersteen, Belles, and a bunch of other brands too.
NAD should also be considered, such as a C375BEE with 150 wpc and preowned go for <$800. NAD is a step up from Rotel, having owned both. Good phono stage module for both MM and MC can easily be added and user installed for $200.