No one actually knows how to lculate what speaker cable they need

It goes back to cable manufaturars, mostly provide no relevant data! to sales and the users. None will answer this!
Whay do you think that you own now the optimal cable to your setup?
I think I've figured it out. 

b4icu

Why would you say: " No one actually knows how to calculate what speaker cable they need", when I just said I do?
Audio, as many other things is based on science. Not just listening and likes. All that knowledge that been put into the equipment is coming from calculation and monticules design.

Not by audiophiles that tried all possible options and ended up with one they like most.

This fact, of "No one actually knows how to calculate what speaker cable they need" is very sad. I'm in this hobby for 45 years, and it's time to change that.

During that long period of time, many firms took advantage of our ignorance, telling tells of ferry tails for tons of money, spent for their benefit, rather than ours.

My relationship to engineering is that I am one. And my understandings are by no means unique. Actually, my understandings are rather with the majority of high end audiophiles. Better luck next time. 

Mr. ganainm

I’d read the long article. It is not providing an answer, of what speakers cables I need to my system. It mostly tackles phenomena that are minor or do not exist at all with speaker cables.

I can NOT take that information that your article provides, and go shopping for my new speaker cables. 

The article may look impressing to a none engineering skilled eye. For an engineer (mostly analog) It will be on the edge of ridicules or absurd.

What I’m saying, is that I can do such a calculation and provide the accurate data of what cable I need. As that been repeated and the results were profound and consistence, I can tell that it works.

Mr. geoffkait
The fact you are an engineer, should help you understand better than others, what I'm saying. I'm sorry that you can't do that.
I assume that there are also plenty of good and talented engineers with those cable firms, that also never solved it.

Instead, they came up with all kind of ferry tails.

“If I could explain it to the average person they wouldn’t have given me the Nobel prize.”