Marvin Gaye "What's Goin' On" MFSL UDOS 45rpm

Well I did it, I pre-ordered this title. I hated in one sense to legitimize the high cost of these releases but this title intrigued me. On top of that, this is the first to incorporate their newest vinyl formulation which seems to me to be close to the original JVC vinyl. According to Music Direct, the cost of the vinyl is 30% higher.? Anyway, it seems to be a classic title and this new formulation along with the fairly new process, it seemed to be THE choice for me to try it out.
128x128slaw
@whart ,

You just posed one of the reasons I bought this title. First, I own only one copy. I’ve never spent one minute of my time searching out this title. (The fact that I rarely go to the Hoffman forums , is a bonus for me)

Your system is very revealing , I’m sure. Having taken in your above response, it is important for most of us to understand that fact and relate it to our systems.

Cheers!

You currently post the cost of the records you like that (I assume you own) that you've paid hundreds of dollars for,
so your mild condemnation of this particular title has me somewhat confused?
@slaw - I didn't meant to condemn the title and apologize if that's how my post read. I intended to convey that generally, I have not found most of the Motown/Tamla vinyl to sound very good, and the copy of this I do have- which was given to me as a gift--sounds OK, but seems to lack bass. 
As to paying large bucks for any record, my thinking is I'll shell out if I really care for the music and want to pursue the best sonic representation. My comments about incremental improvements were really about my buying habits at this point-- I'd rather search out new to me music than keep buying the same records as they are continually reissued. The exception of course is a record that I really like---
I need two characteristics of a recording be present for me to consider spending big bucks on a new reissue---music that I don’t just like, but love, and the original recorded sound quality be sufficiently high to justify a superior remastering and pressing. Aretha’s Gold certainly fulfills both those criteria! Great songs, great singing, great production by Jerry Wexler, good engineering by Tom Dowd (there is a great documentary film about him, and a book) and the musicianship of the Muscle Shoals musicians, i.e. The Swampers. The original Atlantic Records pressing is nothing to write home about, so the new reissue is now at the top of my "Buy" list.