Help with DIY dedicated circuit

I am wanting to install a dedicated circuit for my amp, but getting from my panel to the wall behind my amp is going to be difficult. As I was investigating in my attic, I realized that when I changed my stove from electric to gas, the unused 30 amp Romex 10/3 wire will reach within 15 feet of where I want the wall outlet. Do I install a junction box and run Romex 10/2 to the new wall outlet and use the 30 amp breaker? What is the best way to connect the wires in the junction box?
128x128jonandfamily
Pigtail with 12/2 it's easier to use and is fine for a 20 amp receptacle. Most likely the old 30 amp breaker is on 2 phases and you would be fine running 2 new breakers but unless you know for sure do what you said. 
Post removed 
djones51
313 posts 10-08-2018 11:59am

Read your own link jea48 it clearly states to use 2 PHASES , I suggest you quit giving advice you are past clueless.
@djones51

HUH?

Is your username mental?

I suggest YOU reread my previous post. mental didn’t have any problem understanding it was directed at him.
Sorry he deleted his posts it looked as though you were directing it to me as I didn't see his post. I can see I made a mistake going back and reading it again. 
Post removed