Does this image give you claustrophobia?

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis94bdd-mcintosh-xrt-2k-gloss-black-lacquer-ultra-high-end-speake...

What a great set up.... in about a fourth of the space it should have. I literally get anxious looking at it. 

You? 

erik_squires
Looking at it makes me think I'd rather spend the money on a Porsche 911 GT3-RS.
tomcarr said:

"Looking at it makes me think I'd rather spend the money on a Porsche 911 GT3-RS."

Yep. Active participation and beautiful SQ too!

wolf_garcia4,241 posts10-05-2018 10:05amIf somebody wants to blow large bucks for a wall of Macs I say COOL. It's like art...sort of...and I do like blue meters as I'm shallow and easily drawn to shiny objects. I know some people with too much money and they tend to put their housing specific sound bucks into multi room systems they can run from their iPhones, and I don't care...the good news is that a GREAT sounding system can be assembled for little money (relatively) and enjoyed by the "active" listener...most very wealthy people in my orbit are too busy for that.

What he said +1

"Like I said everyone knows Mac owners purchase more for looks than for sound, quality."

They got a better deal than most. They got a good sound as a bonus with the looks they like. You cannot beat that.

I do not have McIntosh anything and have no problem with autoformers either.

Impressive display of wealth.  Sound-wise, I'll bet my 10k system blows this one away!  (Caveat:  my system in my room).

It's all about the acoustics of the room and speaker placement!  This system seems to commit every sin in the book.