Help with DIY dedicated circuit

I am wanting to install a dedicated circuit for my amp, but getting from my panel to the wall behind my amp is going to be difficult. As I was investigating in my attic, I realized that when I changed my stove from electric to gas, the unused 30 amp Romex 10/3 wire will reach within 15 feet of where I want the wall outlet. Do I install a junction box and run Romex 10/2 to the new wall outlet and use the 30 amp breaker? What is the best way to connect the wires in the junction box?
128x128jonandfamily
Post removed 
mental
529 posts                                                                      10-09-2018 6:42am

@Jea...all you did was google nonsense that you yourself do not understand.

You cherry pick portions of the conversation, google, and act like you come up with a correct answer. You did not, all you did was create more nonsense.

Like I said, done with this silliness, but I will remember..
Yes I used Google. It beats the hell out of a lot of typing. Copy and paste... Was any of the info wrong? NO!

What NEC code edition are you using? I am using the 2017. The NEC 2008 added 210.4(B) which requires,
Disconnecting Means. Each multiwire branch circuit shall be provide with a means that will simultaneously disconnect all ungrounded conductors at the point where the branch circuit originates
Right out of the NEC 2008 book mental. Again what was the last NEC Code book you used?

You cherry pick portions of the conversation, google, and act like you come up with a correct answer. You did not, all you did was create more nonsense.
Nonsense huh? If you are going to give the OP advise on how to do his own electrical wiring you should at least give him info that meets Code. Technically, depending on the AHJ where he lives, he may not even be able to use his existing multiwire branch circuit for his application. Good chance the AHJ in his area adopted the NEC requiring AFCI protection of 120V 15 and 20 amp branch circuits that he wants to install. Also there is a very good chance Tamper Resistant receptacles are required.

In closing I would be more than happy to match wits on my knowledge of the NEC with yours.

Best regards.
Jim
lmbo @ match wits with me? You're foolish. You have now been deemed google jea....you have a good day there, mr google jea
Had you been so knowledgeable you would have known what to do, but chose to copy/paste from google.
Then you have the audacity to come back and act like you're journeyman, or passed the masters exam, which by the way 90% business over the code. Too funny
Post removed