Help with DIY dedicated circuit

I am wanting to install a dedicated circuit for my amp, but getting from my panel to the wall behind my amp is going to be difficult. As I was investigating in my attic, I realized that when I changed my stove from electric to gas, the unused 30 amp Romex 10/3 wire will reach within 15 feet of where I want the wall outlet. Do I install a junction box and run Romex 10/2 to the new wall outlet and use the 30 amp breaker? What is the best way to connect the wires in the junction box?
128x128jonandfamily

jea48 "Again, what was the last NEC Code edition book you hand in your hands"
It is so funny when one person uses Google to pretend to be an expert meets another person who uses Google to pretend to be an expert and then they both try to convince themselves and the other that he is an expert!
@clearthink...lmfao

This turned into a pee contest, sorry folks, I do NOT do pee contests any longer.

Y'all have a good day.
mental

@djones...you are very mistaken, he’s running two circuits using the same neutral. Two single pole breakers should be used, one for each circuit. A double pole breaker is designed to use different phases, all he has to do is put the single poles back in where the double pole is. I suggest you stop giving out electrical information, you are clueless.
@mental,

You just won’t admit you were wrong, will you? You said djones was clueless on the subject. Turns out he was right and you were wrong. You just refuse to fess up you were wrong.
Yeah, 2 single pole breakers can be used for a multiwire branch circuit providing an approved breaker tie is used linking the two breakers together. Do you know why 210.4(B) was added to the NEC 2008 Code?

If you are going to give out free professional electrical wiring advice, ( you stated you are an electrician), on a public internet forum I suggest you get your facts straight.

For those who may not be aware, the many posts Jim (Jea48) has provided here over the years about electrician-type matters make it abundantly clear that his background and expertise in this area are second to none. Second to none not only at Audiogon, but I would feel safe in saying among electricians everywhere.

I for one have learned a great deal from his posts over the years, despite the fact that I have a very extensive background in electronic design. And the help he has provided to a great many members here has earned widespread recognition and appreciation.

Regards,
-- Al 
Post removed