Help with DIY dedicated circuit

I am wanting to install a dedicated circuit for my amp, but getting from my panel to the wall behind my amp is going to be difficult. As I was investigating in my attic, I realized that when I changed my stove from electric to gas, the unused 30 amp Romex 10/3 wire will reach within 15 feet of where I want the wall outlet. Do I install a junction box and run Romex 10/2 to the new wall outlet and use the 30 amp breaker? What is the best way to connect the wires in the junction box?
128x128jonandfamily
Post removed 
Seems I owe an apology to several in here. It happens, my turn to eat crow.

Lesson learned, NEC updated, probably a couple of times since I was in the field. With that said, I'll have to double check any advice I try to contribute.
I feel like the village idiot...lulz. My apologies to those I had conflict with.
@mental

Apology accepted.

Just a guess the last NEC code addition book you were using before you retired was the 1999. The NEC really started changing and adding things in the 2005 edition. Even more changes in 2008, 2011, 2014, and 2017. Probably the most changes in 2008 and 2014.

Jim
Done! 20 amp breaker. I went with Romex 10/2 from junction box to a single Porter Port outlet which was a little frustrating manipulating the 10 gauge solid copper connections. I decided against 2 outlets at this time since all my gear is connected to a PS Audio P10 Power Plant. Now, to see if I can hear a sound difference.