Technics: PLINTHS: Dobbins, Porter, or Thompson?

Hello,

Trying to decide among Steve Dobbins', Albert Porter's or Christopher Thompson's plinth for my Technics SP10 MkIIa TT. Each person has but a great deal of thought and experimentation into their product.

I'm looking for input, suggestions and opinions --based on experience-- about the best plinth for my listening preferences. They are: musically authentic, neutral, evenly balanced top to bottom and completely transparent.

I prefer to feel that I am being transported to the recording venue than that the musicians are in my listening room. My system is the Aurum Acoustics Integris. The preamp and phono pre are integrated in the Aurum CDP. I plan to use a Reed 12" arm.

Has any of you heard one or more of these plinths in use with an SP10 MkII TT? I am very interested to learn your thoughts and listening impressions.

I've asked, but there are no Thompson or Porter plinths close enough for me to audition here in the Northeast, or have I missed one?

Thanks very much for any help or suggestions you can provide.

Happy Thanksgiving,

David
128x128cdk84
What’s a guy/gal looking at regarding price for custom plinth of new SP-10R without having to sell a kidney or testicle??? Or just sell the kidney and get one ordered. 

Just curious

@lewm  @chakster @slk
If you will look at my thread you will find prices for OMA and Steve Dobbins plinths. I have contacted both of them in 2015 to get the prices. You can update us with the new prices, new offers from them. 
Knollbrent

What’s a guy/gal looking at regarding price for custom plinth of new SP-10R without having to sell a kidney or testicle??? Or just sell the kidney and get one ordered.
Rather tongue in cheek question, no? We all know this hobby is expensive at this level. Assuming a person just purchased a brand new $10k Technics Sp10r direct drive which requires a high quality plinth then why on earth they would skimp out on such a critical component? In my view, bite the bullet and invest right the first time, then go enjoy the deck properly from the get go.  -Cheers.
Just before I finally decide to order the Sp10r, I’ll be researching bespoke plinth offerings more closely, including from the aforementioned manufactures Chakster mentioned above. Right now, several of my audio friends overseas and another here in the South are seriously considering the latest Artisan Fidelity Technics Sp10r Panzerholz plinths, which I heard will be released sometime this fall. I thought they already published pricing, but I could be mistaken.

https://www.artisanfidelity.com/new-products/technics-sp10r-sl1000r

Although my direct drive front end is stellar, it will be interesting to compare playback using the latest offering from Technics Japan.
From talking to others with various plinths the Artisan Fidelity plinths tend to absorb/ drain noise from the deck creating a quieter and more neutral presentation. Dobbins plinths typically work with resonances/ noise to create a more musical albeit less quiet/ neutral presentation. The finish on Artisan Fidelity decks are unrivaled. Mine is black suede but I have a Macassar Ebony Armboard. The Macassar Ebony is out of this world. I have an Artisan Fidelity table an have worked with Thornton over the past few years and he has been a pleasure to deal with. I agree with above comments that they are all good, just in different ways.