My Amp is Broken - Not Sure What to Do - Any Recommendations?

I went to turn on my Audio Research SD135 amplifier the other day, but it will not turn on. According to the Audio Research service technician I spoke to, the problem is a broken Thermal Trak module chip. He said that it is a temperature sensing component, and that replacements are no longer being manufactured. He said that it is a known problem, and that Audio Research will give me credit to purchase an Audio Research amplifier from an Audio Research authorized dealer. 

I was wondering if Audio Research makes anything powerful enough to drive Vandersteen 3A Signature speakers (which need between 100 - 200 watts of power)? I am using an Audio Research SP8 Mk II as a pre-amp.

I don't really have much of a budget and am not sure what to do. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.
distortions
Vandy 3a sigs should not have caused the amp to overheat, unless you were really driving them towards clipping.
I have no experience with Audio Research, but I suggest you contact John Rutan at Audioconnection. He is a member here (audioconnection), so you can PM him and get his take on this. 
You could also call Vandersteen. Mr. V. will call back the next day and give you probably the same information.
In any case, I think your amp should have enough power to work with the 3a sigs at reasonable levels.
Bob
Post removed 
@roberjerman1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't blame ARC for parts that aren't available any longer, that amp is at least 20 years old if not more.
A good tech/modifier could fix this amp. You simply need a new way of handling the protection circuit in your amp. No way your amp is now trash. Are you near any good tube amp builders or techs?

I think AR should fix this this amp by utalizing the type of creativity and effort mentioned above. Poor answer IMHO. Shows no real effort to think this through for their customers. 
I have read so many stories about Audio Research amps not being repairable or frequent repairs I would never buy one.